Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're scheduled to pick up our XC40 in October and plan on spending two weeks driving through Germany, France and possibly into Spain, Italy, or Hungary. I've already got travel maps of Europe but it would be helpful if we had GPS. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get the GPS program for Europe loaded, or is that even an option? We can use our cell phones, but those are only good when you have cell phone reception and I'm not sure how well covered some of the areas we'll be traveling through are covered. If we can't get a program to cover Europe in our XC40 I can always download a map of Europe into my Garmin and take that with us, but I hate to do that if it isn't necessary.

Any info from those who've gone through this program would be appreciated.

Stan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update those who might be interested in driving around in Europe, I ordered a map of all of Europe from Garmin for my Nuvi. It was less than $30. I've tried exploring a few different driving maps for the places that I want to visit and it's working perfectly. This is going to make finding the best routes very easy.

·
94 Posts
I just use Google Maps or Waze on my cellphone while in Europe. I have T-Mobile so data there is without any extra charge. But with most carriers you can buy a 30 day data pass. I've never had a issue with coverage. I used to take a Garmin with me and bought the Europe map. Uploading it to the GPS was simple. But I find the cell phone is easier today.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jezza, my wife and I will both have the 30 day pass for our cell phones, but since we have AT&T I'm not sure what the coverage will be. And since I already have the European Map loaded into my Garmin it will be a good back up. But thanks for your suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts