Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ChargePoint credit came by email today as a code you enter in the app. This was important to me because I am still rolling around in the mud trying to get the car charger installed so my wife is charging out every day.

Too bad the Recharge is still in the shop getting the infotainment crashes diagnosed. :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
This sounds promising as we picked up May 14th -- so we should not be far behind all of you. And that is great news its a "code" -- because both my wife and I already had CP accounts -- I was afraid they'd have created a "new" account. The fact its a code you can just enter is far better, since then my wife can just load it into her act (its her car). Thanks for the feedback, everyone above! (y) :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
This sounds promising as we picked up May 14th -- so we should not be far behind all of you. And that is great news its a "code" -- because both my wife and I already had CP accounts -- I was afraid they'd have created a "new" account. The fact its a code you can just enter is far better, since then my wife can just load it into her act (its her car). Thanks for the feedback, everyone above! (y) :)
How do you get the credit?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Actually now that I think of it -- was this part of that PDF of options? There were discounts and credits on aftermarket accessories. Or was this above/beyond that? If the latter then we should get one I assume -- but if the former, we got $$ of our vehicle for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We picked up our Recharge on 5/15, and the dealership didn't mention (or more likely, wasn't aware) of the ChargePoint credit offer. When I enquired with Volvo USA support, they told me that the offer wasn't available to owners in Washington state, but offered 30% off any accessories I wanted to order as a goodwill gesture. I've got ChargePoint Home already, so it's not a dealbreaker but the whole offer seems entirely arbitrary at this point.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
It seems offers vary from region to region.

Here in California it appears we "get" ChargePoint, and 0.99% financing but nothing else. I've seen mention on this forum of fairly significant discounts in other states, eg eastern US, but when I asked at my dealer, "no, sorry, not available". So... Seems to be a regional thing.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
We picked up our Recharge on 5/15, and the dealership didn't mention (or more likely, wasn't aware) of the ChargePoint credit offer. When I enquired with Volvo USA support, they told me that the offer wasn't available to owners in Washington state, but offered 30% off any accessories I wanted to order as a goodwill gesture. I've got ChargePoint Home already, so it's not a dealbreaker but the whole offer seems entirely arbitrary at this point.
I got my P8 today and they dealer filled out the form and took it. We will see what happens. I don’t think I am going to,wait 5+ weeks plus whoever delay Volvo ads taking it to 2+ months. I am debating Juicebox or Wallbox ($50 off today) then when the ChargePoint comes I will just EBay it probably

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
Must have been a batch process, ‘cause I got mine too.
Once the code is sent via email, do you enter the code in the App under Account/Promo Code and the available balance on the Account reflects the $500 ?
I just got my car over a week ago and supposedly the Dealer was sending in the Form looks like 2-3 weeks before it’s made available.

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
267 Posts
Once the code is sent via email, do you enter the code in the App under Account/Promo Code and the available balance on the Account reflects the $500 ?
The instructions are in the email, but you’ve described it as I recall. The process was a little funky. I thought it didn’t register the first time I tried it. So I tried a second time and received an error. Turns out the first time the credit transferred to my CP account but I hadn’t refreshed the window to show the new credit balance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For those that received the email with the CP credits ...

What email address did you receive it from?
Was there a contact email for them at the bottom of the email?

My dealer was supposed to have submitted our claim form over 3 weeks ago, but I still have not received the credits (and there's a sentence at the bottom of the claim form indicating it should be received within 3 weeks).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
For those that received the email with the CP credits ...

What email address did you receive it from?
Was there a contact email for them at the bottom of the email?

My dealer was supposed to have submitted our claim form over 3 weeks ago, but I still have not received the credits (and there's a sentence at the bottom of the claim form indicating it should be received within 3 weeks).

Thanks!
My dealer / sales guy has disregarded any of my email inquiry since the Car rolled out of that dealership - close to 2 weeks - still cont know if they even submitted it as they promised to do so the day of. It’s like if I want answer I have to drive there in person.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts