Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many things had transpired today unexpectedly - in a good way.
1) Current car was physically assessed through BMW dealer with a value in hand through Kelly Blue Book
2) Decided to cancel current reservation to re-build a new spec with a) No HeatPump b) 19” wheel (this was what was unsettling to me) apparently the first batch of shipments are all 20”
3) Went to a different dealer and explained how frustrating that initial dealer (whom I reserved with) was not forth coming at all, but continued to spin misleading info to me repeatedly about tire sizes and that “all glitches will be fixed by next week” - now it’s integrity issue
4) this new dealer asked if I would be car-less if I re-build which may take another 3-4 months. I said not really but worries my current car value may drop in 3 months time (more mileages etc) so immediately they offered to “Match” the offer I was given AND they gave me an XC40 T4 loaner !!!! I just have to bring it in monthly since temprorary plate is only for a month - until my p8 arrives

Now THIS is customer service AND smart to lock in customers !
Now I won’t have to worry about making arrangements to sell my Car rather just have a loaner ( at no additional cost) ! They’re cutting a check in 3 days for my Car that they took in.
More importantly this dealer was totally forthcoming about what they know so far - that’s all I needed. Simply don’t put a spin to continue to mislead me or influence me from my initial build !

·
Registered
CANCELED - 2021 XC40 Recharge
99 Posts
Glad you got a good dealer MMK. Curious how mine is going to pan out. Loaner was in my list of ‘demands’ too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you got a good dealer MMK. Curious how mine is going to pan out. Loaner was in my list of ‘demands’ too.
I wasn’t expecting loaner at all - I simply shared I was going to cancel the reservation (with initial dealer) to get the $1k back and then re-build a new spec with them with the 19” and No HeatPump option.

They immediately offered me a Loaner - they probably realized hat as long as i still have my Car, I can still completely rule out Volvo all together in months to come. So very smart on their end to lock me in.
My current Audi is showing signs of tear from brakes, coolant flush to oil gasket changes (slight sign of oil leak) I had feared if i waited another 3-4 months I may need to fork out more money just to replace those wear and tear. That’s why I chose to go ahead and get what I can for my car now without worrying of more wear and tear later (and possible fixes)

The good news is now we know it’s a matter of whether they want to offer or not - it’s a choice.
So for those P8 owners still waiting, Loaner IS an option for the “inconvenience”

·
Registered
CANCELED - 2021 XC40 Recharge
99 Posts
I wasn’t expecting loaner at all - I simply shared I was going to cancel the reservation (with initial dealer) to get the $1k back and then re-build a new spec with them with the 19” and No HeatPump option.

They immediately offered me a Loaner - they probably realized hat as long as i still have my Car, I can still completely rule out Volvo all together in months to come. So very smart on their end to lock me in.
My current Audi is showing signs of tear from brakes, coolant flush to oil gasket changes (slight sign of oil leak) I had feared if i waited another 3-4 months I may need to fork out more money just to replace those wear and tear. That’s why I chose to go ahead and get what I can for my car now without worrying of more wear and tear later (and possible fixes)

The good news is now we know it’s a matter of whether they want to offer or not - it’s a choice.
So for those P8 owners still waiting, Loaner IS an option for the “inconvenience”
Smart dealer indeed. As a person in Sales Operations I’ve deployed my knowledge to hunt down the key folk in corporate to share my story too. I won’t let this go quietly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts