Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2 days google maps has not worked for me as it could not locate me.. probably lost GPS connection. I rebooted home screen and left car overnight... no luck. Today i uninstalled googke maps via play store and then hit Update and it works again...

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
Right. I'm not sure what causes it (a Google bug or Volvo bug). A simpler fix has been to just 'Force Stop' the 'Maps' app and then relaunch.

Reactions: Woomi and hbaeuerle

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you “force stop” the maps app? I have the same problem of no gps. I also seemed to have lost the LTE connection or ability to connect to WiFi

·
Registered
72 Posts
I experienced more than 10 times even with the June update.
Normally, I reset the system. But some time, it need multiple times reset... hope new update fix this issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same thing started happening to me a week or so ago. Really frustrating when something that worked so well for months just fails. Even more frustrating when it works sometimes. My solution has been a modem reset and a home screen reboot. Would like to hear if others have a better solution. Curious about the "force stop."

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe the forced stop is the following:

• Settings / Applications / Show All Applications / Maps / Force Stop
Mine has not had this (or any other problems to date) but when I see something which may be useful one day I usually copy and paste it to a 'self help' page.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Mine has not had this (or any other problems to date) but when I see something which may be useful one day I usually copy and paste it to a 'self help' page.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear I have the forced stop option listed under Maps. I just have notifications, permissions, and storage & cache.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Onyx, 01/21, v1.6
24 Posts
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear I have the forced stop option listed under Maps. I just have notifications, permissions, and storage & cache.
I was able to do it today. Force Stop is in the upper right corner, not below.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
As @shawkinaw wrote, look toward the upper right corner:

Reactions: shawkinaw

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts