Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2022 recharge about a week ago and as a data point haven't had any issues. Infotainment hasn't crashed once and the VOC worked surprisingly well. It connected first time and all the functions work (although it can take up to a minute to connect to the servers). I do have some more minor issues.

1. Tow mode is greyed out. I don't need to use it obviously but why is it deactivated?

2. I asked Google assistant to find a restaurant near work and it couldn't. It just searched at my current location. I also can't move the map and search again at the new location. It always defaults back to my location. This makes the Google maps in the car pretty much useless.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I asked Google assistant to find a restaurant near work and it couldn't. It just searched at my current location.
Not sure about using the shortcut “work” - but this works for me if I ask for a specific location. Eg, “Hey Google, find restaurants near Los Angeles, California”. It shows me a list of LA restaurants, even though I’m in Seattle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about using the shortcut “work” - but this works for me if I ask for a specific location. Eg, “Hey Google, find restaurants near Los Angeles, California”. It shows me a list of LA restaurants, even though I’m in Seattle.
Yeah I got that to work but since it's on the border of two cities that then excludes half the results. It only shows like three results anyway. They really crippled this version of Google maps. Now I just pull my phone out to find stuff half the time. "Find near work" works perfectly on my phone.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
187 Posts
I picked up my 2022 recharge about a week ago and as a data point haven't had any issues. Infotainment hasn't crashed once and the VOC worked surprisingly well. It connected first time and all the functions work (although it can take up to a minute to connect to the servers). I do have some more minor issues.

1. Tow mode is greyed out. I don't need to use it obviously but why is it deactivated?

2. I asked Google assistant to find a restaurant near work and it couldn't. It just searched at my current location. I also can't move the map and search again at the new location. It always defaults back to my location. This makes the Google maps in the car pretty much useless.
Is the word "work" defined in your favorites like you would do with word "Home"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts