Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Google interface setting up notifications for texts from iphone

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jsirani67 
#1 ·
Just received my Volvo XC 40 recharge A few weeks ago and it’s been amazing. I’ve connected my iPhone XR To the Bluetooth and phone calls are working well. I’m having problems with text notifications. When I receive a text I get a pop up on the Google screen, however when I press play I get Google assistant saying I have to set something up in the notifications tab. I haven’t been able to locate this within The Google system. Has anyone else experienced this? Or fix it? Thanks.

#4 ·
You need to turn on notifications on your PHONE (not the car) to make this work. on your iPhone:
Settings
Bluetooth
Find the XC40 and click the blue circle “i” far right
Set the “Show Notifications” to ON (green/slide to right)
This should now allow your iPhone to notify the car when you get a new text. When the texts pop up you can play them. When you are standing still you can see them on-screen; when moving, it will only read/dictate them.

#5 ·
You need to turn on notifications on your PHONE (not the car) to make this work. on your iPhone:

This should now allow your iPhone to notify the car when you get a new text. When the texts pop up you can play them. When you are standing still you can see them on-screen; when moving, it will only read/dictate them.
I had to enable it on both sides, but it prompted me on my phone when I initially set up Bluetooth. Not sure why the car didn’t prompt as well.

i was going through the menus today and found where this is controlled on the car. Settings, applications, special app access, notifications access, google assistant, turn the toggle on.