Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Got my new XC40 Recharge. The Google assistant is responding to 'Hey google' but afterwards - nothing...
Does anyone else have this issue ? Any fix ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello,
Got my new XC40 Recharge. The Google assistant is responding to 'Hey google' but afterwards - nothing...
Does anyone else have this issue ? Any fix ?

Thanks!
Do you have LTE and or GPS signal?
Does it work when you press the voice command button on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GPS is working as well as other things like Spotify (which means LTE works I guess).
I got this signs on top of the screen. What is the left one? Maybe that's the problem?
Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive design Computer Display device

·
Registered
826 Posts
GPS is working as well as other things like Spotify (which means LTE works I guess).
I got this signs on top of the screen. What is the left one? Maybe that's the problem? View attachment 2719
Bingo. You have no LTE connection.
Can you do the home button and defrost button resets? Those usually fix the problem.

·
Registered
826 Posts
@DOT01 looks like you’re on Israel, do you know if they are conducting the shark fin antena service campaign? Maybe your car has it already.
Also, what software version do you have on?

·
Registered
826 Posts
You mean long press on home button ?
Thanks!
Check out this thread, it explains how to conduct resets.

Reactions: mike1234

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@DOT01 looks like you’re on Israel, do you know if they are conducting the shark fin antena service campaign? Maybe your car has it already.
Also, what software version do you have on?
Don't know. But I signed out of my profile and signed in again and now it works and that icon vanished.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got this signs on top of the screen. What is the left one? Maybe that's the problem? View attachment 2719
I think the reason you have no cellular connection there is because you are on wifi....

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
After spending some time in our car, my wife now responds with "Oops, something went wrong. Try again later" when I ask her a question that she doesn't know the answer to.
I have had some awesome answers from google that were totally irrelevant. Thankfully the spouses have not learnt from the cars reply system ….

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
2022 Thunder Grey XC40 Recharge Twin
13 Posts
It's been 3 weeks since I dropped off my car at the dealership due to Hey Google not working and callers not being able to hear me. Tried all the resets (Home and Defrost), Factory settings and new Antenna. Dealer hasn't been able to identify the issues. Probably they have to change the Infotainment Unit, I have no idea. But I am considering applying the Lemon Law. I already involved Volvo Customer Care. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
It's been 3 weeks since I dropped off my car at the dealership due to Hey Google not working and callers not being able to hear me. Tried all the resets (Home and Defrost), Factory settings and new Antenna. Dealer hasn't been able to identify the issues. Probably they have to change the Infotainment Unit, I have no idea. But I am considering applying the Lemon Law. I already involved Volvo Customer Care. Very frustrating!
Ouch :(

I wonder how much of the time it is in it is just sitting there … waiting. A shame you could not have the car in between the minutes of work. Did they at least give you a good loaner?

I wonder if the mic pickups were not connected right in your car …. Did phone calls sound fine but they could not here you?

What happened with hey Google?

Good luck with the lemon law.

Reactions: lizzaymee

·
Registered
2022 Thunder Grey XC40 Recharge Twin
13 Posts
Ouch :(

I wonder how much of the time it is in it is just sitting there … waiting. A shame you could not have the car in between the minutes of work. Did they at least give you a good loaner?

I wonder if the mic pickups were not connected right in your car …. Did phone calls sound fine but they could not here you?

What happened with hey Google?

Good luck with the lemon law.
I wonder the same, believe me. Yes they gave me 2022 XC60 fuel loaner, which is a pain since the gas prices have increased ridiculously. I can hear the phone calls clearly, I also considered the mic which I mentioned it to them. Hey Google only works in the morning when I reset the night before but after being parked for a 7 hours, it stops working in the pm.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge 1.8
24 Posts
I had to factory reset the entire console 3 times for Hey Google to work properly. It didn't transcribe what I was saying, would just exit, or it would say no network (when there was a network).

I reset the console twice and gave up, then when I never got the OTA update I reset it again, Google worked and I got the OTA update a day later. Something to keep in mind...

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had to factory reset the entire console 3 times for Hey Google to work properly. It didn't transcribe what I was saying, would just exit, or it would say no network (when there was a network).

I reset the console twice and gave up, then when I never got the OTA update I reset it again, Google worked and I got the OTA update a day later. Something to keep in mind...
It's that easy! ;)

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
949 Posts
Bumping this because I was having a similar problem recently. Google Assistant was not responding to me. The chime sounds were working, but she wasn't otherwise saying anything or executing any commands. Then I realized it was only happening with my profile. She and my wife were talking as usual, even though she was not on speaking terms with me. After being confused and offended for a while, I remembered I had changed my Google account password recently. So I went in to my account settings in AAOS and sure enough it prompted me to log in again. After that GA was finally ready to acknowledge my existence again.

So it was an easy fix, but it sure seems like there should have been something prompting me to re-authenticate as soon as my profile activated. Would have saved me a couple of days of frustration.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So it was an easy fix, but it sure seems like there should have been something prompting me to re-authenticate as soon as my profile activated. Would have saved me a couple of days of frustration.
This! So many easy things Google just can't get right. Hopefully having more OEMs on board with AAOS will push them to be better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts