Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I do not yet have my C40, but I have experience with Google Home, Google Assistant, and Google Calendar to name just a few. These applications are powerful when integrated together. I live in an automated home where this software helps me perform daily activities. Business calls will typically result in a Goal, Reminder, Task, or Event on my calendar. I create these via audio commands to Google. This morning I was reviewing the Settings in Google Assistant and focused on the section entitled Calendar. Within the Calendar settings they list Availability. Of the ten devices which allow availability to the calendar, Auto is listed with a symbol for the automobile. Bingo! Integration should work with Android Automobile.
This may be old news for many! If so, how to you like it?

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone tried this level of integration with Android Automotive?
In addition, have you linked your Google contacts when you paired your phone?
How about downloading Google Play Books for audio books?
Any other Google apps? Can you download Google Photos or Google Drive?

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting - will have to give that a try!
I suspect you will enjoy this feature. If you have an iPhone, it is important to understand Google Assistant will be working with Google Calendar and not the Apple Calendar. I like how GA will walk you through the components. You may begin with, "Hey Google, can you add an event to my calendar"? Ga will prompt you for event name, date, and time. You can use the default duration or give GA a from/to span. GA will add, delete, and change events, goals, reminders, and tasks.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
I suspect you will enjoy this feature. If you have an iPhone, it is important to understand Google Assistant will be working with Google Calendar and not the Apple Calendar. I like how GA will walk you through the components. You may begin with, "Hey Google, can you add an event to my calendar"? Ga will prompt you for event name, date, and time. You can use the default duration or give GA a from/to span. GA will add, delete, and change events, goals, reminders, and tasks.
Sounds good - might have to take the car for a drive tomorrow AM and add an event “lunch at Das Kaffehaus Castlemaine”…good excuse to go out for lunch! :) We’ll see if it can navigate to the lunch spot too!

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Hmm, after having no problems with asking Google “turn all the lights’” when we approach our driveway, yesterday the car came back with “I can’t do that in this car”…regardless of how I phrased it. Anyone have any ideas? I’m wondering whether it’s something changed in the car or whether it’s on our end with the Google Home system. Grrr!

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, after having no problems with asking Google “turn all the lights’” when we approach our driveway, yesterday the car came back with “I can’t do that in this car”…regardless of how I phrased it. Anyone have any ideas? I’m wondering whether it’s something changed in the car or whether it’s on our end with the Google Home system. Grrr!
Well, there is something different happening with the auto Google Assistant. I have not yet been able to pinpoint a solution. I did notice how the Auto had “fallen off the network”. I did re-establish the connection, but as expected it had insignificant effect. I have three home-based systems which are set up in GA. Two of the systems, Nest and WeMo lights, are working fine. The Hue lights are not. GA in the home is fine, but GA in the auto does not believe they are set-up. I have tried a variety of viable solutions with no luck. I may try disconnecting a set of Hue lights from GA and then reconnect them to see if that solves the problem. That takes time/effort, and I may be able to complete that task this week. Have you discovered any added information to find a solution?

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent off a “help” request to the GA engineers with a screen print of the problem. I will circle back if I hear more.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Number

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, there is something different happening with the auto Google Assistant. I have not yet been able to pinpoint a solution. I did notice how the Auto had “fallen off the network”. I did re-establish the connection, but as expected it had insignificant effect. I have three home-based systems which are set up in GA. Two of the systems, Nest and WeMo lights, are working fine. The Hue lights are not. GA in the home is fine, but GA in the auto does not believe they are set-up. I have tried a variety of viable solutions with no luck. I may try disconnecting a set of Hue lights from GA and then reconnect them to see if that solves the problem. That takes time/effort, and I may be able to complete that task this week. Have you discovered any added information to find a solution?
Brief update - I tried it today but since our outside WiFi extender is currently down, I couldn't get the lights to come on. I did notice that when I say "turn on all lights" it still says "I can't do that from this car", but when I say "turn on the driveway lights" it says "Driveway currently not available"...so I think that once the WiFi extender is back up and running I should be able to turn the lights on...will keep you posted. I took the car for a drive today and V2.0 software downloaded, so I'll install that tomorrow (SOC is only 36% now so I will charge overnight as I think it's supposed to have min 40% SOC before software update). Note I did also have to do an ICU re-boot this AM before taking off as the mobile connection had an x through it. The ICU reboot fixed it...or something else...but it did come back pretty much instantly once I rebooted the ICU.

· Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
348 Posts
I haven't used the calendar, but my profile is linked and communicates with Google home. Now, if I could only add my car to Google home...
Interested in adding Volvo in my Google Home too. I though they have this feature in Europe. In my I-PACE, the Jaguar Remote App is connected to Alexa and I can ask Alexa to trigger the various functions of the remote app.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.