Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up. Google users who use Google workspace (formally known as G-Suite) your accounts will not work on the P8. The system requires a gmail address. I don’t know why I’m surprised. The same thing happened with google Nest-Aware.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just a heads up. Google users who use Google workspace (formally known as G-Suite) your accounts will not work on the P8. The system requires a gmail address. I don’t know why I’m surprised. The same thing happened with google Nest-Aware.
Thanks for the information. I will not use my G-suite email for the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it's the type of "Google Account" you have (consumer account vs business account) - NOT the email address associated with it. My Microsoft email address works just fine, no Gmail required.
Still an unacceptable lack of functionality. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to use a Google Workspace account for the Google Auto system.

Anyone know if this is Google’s issue to solve or Volvo’s issue to solve?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Still an unacceptable lack of functionality. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to use a Google Workspace account for the Google Auto system.

Unfortunately, there are lots of apps out there that use "Login with Google" but only work with consumer Google accounts, not Workspace (G-Suite accounts). I don't know all the technical details, but I assume these are different authentication systems.

Also I believe that Google Workspace accounts have the ability for your company's administrators to set policy to deny/allow you access to 3rd-party apps. Have you asked your IT admins to grant you access to Volvo on Call?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Checking further, it looks like this is a Google issue. It seems to be a limitation of all flavors of Android Automotive OS - Volvo, Polestar, and Google's own developer SDK version. Polestar users have been told Google is "working on it".

Seems that other Google products have similar limitations, including Google Nest, Google Home, etc. They support Personal accounts only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Checking further, it looks like this is a Google issue. It seems to be a limitation of all flavors of Android Automotive OS - Volvo, Polestar, and Google's own developer SDK version. Polestar users have been told Google is "working on it".

Seems that other Google products have similar limitations, including Google Nest, Google Home, etc. They support Personal accounts only.
Thanks for sharing this additional info you found! (Here's hoping Google solves this problem sooner rather than later.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts