How did you get it?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Nice. The first awesome looking update.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It would be interesting if anyone could notice getting an increase in their range or consumption with all the variables like changes in season or how you drive but we can hope :) and if they say it is better maybe it will feel better :) not that it feels bad now.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
100 Posts
will be interesting to see if you see any improvement in your range / consumption
Gaffaa how’s your energy efficiency going over in WA? We took a ~250 km road trip today on mainly country back roads, but one stretch of 110 kph freeway and some town driving and averaged 21.9 kWh/100 km. We stopped for a 20 minute charge at a 50 kW charger along the way. Temps around 15-18C and we tried not to use the heat/no AC. Hope it gets a bit better with the update! Did you say your car now has V1.7 software? Hope we get the download soon! :)

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
110 Posts
An increased range with this new update will be welcome, but I can't complain as I am already getting 230-250 miles (30-33 kWh/100 mi) on full charge w/ac running and combo suburban/highway driving. :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
An increased range with this new update will be welcome, but I can't complain as I am already getting 230-250 miles (30-33 kWh/100 mi) on full charge w/ac running and combo suburban/highway driving. :)
Agreed despite people complaining about range (especially those who do not even own it) I have never felt it was short of range.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
45 Posts
I am most interested in the charging speed improvements.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I am most interested in the charging speed improvements.
Agreed. I have been asking for pee battery warming since shortly after getting the car abs finding out that Tesla does it.
Good job volvo on some good real changes.
Now can we have dog mode :)

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
45 Posts
Agreed. I have been asking for pee battery warming since shortly after getting the car abs finding out that Tesla does it.
Good job volvo on some good real changes.
Now can we have dog mode :)
Dog mode would be great - it is mostly there. It would be better to go longer than 30mins and to have a notice on the screen. But for quick store pop-ins it works for me as it is. Better is always better though.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Soemthing that guarantees stays on until you return would be vastly better than the 30’mins as we trust our doggies life To it. The 30 mins shows that the software is almost there …

Personally I would do what I did with my old Volvo. Leave the hatch up and the dog tied off inside. But that only works for the summer.

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
125 Posts
Is that on the 19" wheels?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I get 250 on a full charge with 19 inch if speed is 65 or lower.

Speeding definitely decreases the range quite dramatically as we would expect from the physics of aerodynamic drag.

Reactions: mike1234
1 - 20 of 49 Posts