Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2021 XC40 detailed last week and placed my mobile phone in the glove box using the provided key inside to lock it. When I returned I used this key to unlock, placed the key back in it's holder and closed the glove box. The next day I tried opening the glove box and noticed it was locked and realized that I must have set it to auto lock. I pulled out my Black FOB, removed the backup key and discovered that the master FOB key will not unlock the glove box (only the driver door) I was locked out of the glove box which was not a big deal and I decided to sort it out some other time. The next day I was driving on the highway and had a state trooper behind me with his lights lit up, as I started to pull over to the shoulder I remembered that my registration and insurance cards were locked in the glove box and as my car is still running on temporary plates does not have a windshield sticker. Luckily the state trooper pulled away last minute and went into a pursuit of a speeding semi trailer, it would have been a major hassle and time waster for both me and the trooper.

Returning home I discovered that the spare sports mini FOB had the backup glove box key on the ring and I sorted out the lock situation. Odd that the car door does not open the glove box and a warning to not get locked or place one's critical insurance and registration cards somewhere else.

cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep this is incredibly frustrating. I had my glovebox key with me while on vacation and had accidentally left it in my hotel room. The hotel never managed to send it back to me and it was over $100 for a simple little key. I don't understand why they wouldn't just make them the same key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep this is incredibly frustrating. I had my glovebox key with me while on vacation and had accidentally left it in my hotel room. The hotel never managed to send it back to me and it was over $100 for a simple little key. I don't understand why they wouldn't just make them the same key.
I am incredibly frustrated this just happened to me while trading in my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem too. What are the step you took to order another glove compartment key and how long did it take for you to receive your key?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem too. What are the step you took to order another glove compartment key and how long did it take for you to receive your key?
Ordered through the part's department for like $90 and it took about a week to get mailed to my residence.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2021 XC40/Momemtum/T5 here in the US and I don't think my glovebox has a lock.

Is there a keyslot or is it electronic?

I'd certainly like to avoid this problem if I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 XC40/Momemtum/T5 here in the US and I don't think my glovebox has a lock.

Is there a keyslot or is it electronic?

I'd certainly like to avoid this problem if I can.
I have lock on mine.I believe the R Design and inclusion have the electronic privacy lock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts