Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a blog post that shows android auto (navigation, at least) utilizing the full center screen on an XC40. (photo here). I know the new electric version of the XC40 goes all in on android auto for the in-car interface, so I'm thinking that might be where the picture came from. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that this feature will eventually be rolled out to older versions of the Sensus Connect system. I have a 2018 XC40 (Momentum) and am consistently frustrated by the implementation of android auto. When I use google maps to navigate, the center screen only devotes about a third of the space to the map. The end result is a map display that is the same size as most smart phones, or in some cases smaller even.

If you've asked Volvo about installing the newest version of Sensus Connect on an older/non-electric XC-40, I'd love to hear from you.

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum, fusion red with charcoal leather interior
3 Posts
I’m also frustrated by the lack of size of the Apple CarPlay nav. Hoping a future software update will give us the option to use more screen space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts