Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Automakers are clamouring to come out with their own electric contribution and Volvo plans to join the fray with plug-in hybrid and full-electric variants of their own. Namely, the new XC40 that’s hitting showrooms this March.

If the report published by Autocar is indeed true, then we may see a full-electric XC40 with a driving range of around 500km (310 miles) per charge. Compared to what’s currently out there, 500km would crown the XC40 EV as a class leader. Of course we still have a while to wait as Volvo’s first electric vehicle will be a hatchback based on the 40.2 Concept that was revealed in 2016. We’re not quite sure when the electric hatch will become available, but we do know the XC40 EV will “arrive some time afterwards as the marque’s second zero-emissions car.”

Not much else is know beyond the speculated range and for those who can’t wait that long, there’s always the hybrid option. Due at the end of this year, the XC40 plug-in hybrid should be based around the standard gas model’s turbocharged 1.5-liter direct-injected petrol unit. Maybe it’ll even have an eight-speed automatic as standard.

Perhaps a Volvo representative at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show will shed some light on the all-electric XC40.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If that's really true, then I may just wait for the XC40 EV to come out. With 310 miles of range, It'll pretty much cover all my traveling including my weekend trips to the ski resort. Already have an EVSE at home so the charger portion is not a concern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts