Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the front row headrests able to be adjusted? I noticed that on the passenger side the head rest leans forward so it can be kind of awkward.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know up and down but wasn’t sure about the angle. The passenger head rest looks like it is tilted forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are the front row headrests able to be adjusted? I noticed that on the passenger side the head rest leans forward so it can be kind of awkward.

Thanks!
Hi: You can remove the headrest and turn it around. Pull up on it and push in the release on the side of one of the supports. It feels much better that way and many cars are designed this way. For safety reasons, the headrest is close to your head but it is uncomfortable the way it pushes your head forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The headrest can't move as the seats were designed that way. The seats were designed by an orthopedic surgeon and most people use the headrest for comfort but the headrests in all volvos were designed for safety so will not allow you to move them like you're asking.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah I know up and down but wasn’t sure about the angle. The passenger head rest looks like it is tilted forward.
That is actually a good design. In many cars, when you sit, there is a large gap between your head and the headrest. In a rear-collusion, your head would snap back and unless held properly, a neck injury (or a broken neck) is a very real threat. This design is for your safety, enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts