Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully gotten the enrollment code from their dealer to sign up for the Electrify America free 250kWh and 1 year membership? My dealer seems clueless on this one and Volvo online keeps telling me to get the information from my dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same happened to me; Volvo corporate told me to go to the dealer. It took several days, but they figured it out. They said one of the managers had to talk to Volvo corporate to figure out how to do it. Be persistent (but patient) on this. This is another example of Volvo not giving the dealers adequate training.

I got the code and Electrify America seemed to recognize it. Haven’t actually tested it at a charging station.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received my code from Volvo Cars usa 2 weeks after the purchase of my car. This was not from the dealer but from Volvo Corporate. I signed up with electrify america and looks to have worked. I have not yet used it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received my code from Volvo Cars usa 2 weeks after the purchase of my car. This was not from the dealer but from Volvo Corporate. I signed up with electrify america and looks to have worked. I have not yet used it.
Did you recently purchase or did you purchase a while ago?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same happened to me; Volvo corporate told me to go to the dealer. It took several days, but they figured it out. They said one of the managers had to talk to Volvo corporate to figure out how to do it. Be persistent (but patient) on this. This is another example of Volvo not giving the dealers adequate training.

I got the code and Electrify America seemed to recognize it. Haven’t actually tested it at a charging station.
Thanks for the information. I have a few other items in the works with the dealer, so I’ll have to practice some patience with them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm. I haven’t received anything from Volvo on the mail. Dealer is clueless too.
We just picked up our XC40 less than a week ago, so no email yet. My dealer also has no idea but our salesman just emailed some reps at Volvo that he’s recently worked with on the Electrify America partnership and the recharge vehicles. My salesman will find out how they need to get the code and let Volvo know they need to do a better job of lettering their dealers know what to do as far as this goes.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate - Denim Blue - 20" Wheels - v1.7
36 Posts
When I picked up my new XC40 last week, the sales manager on the floor (NOT the salesman I had been working with) approached me at the end of the transaction to ask if I wanted the EA credit or the ChargePoint charger. I already had a charger, so asked for the EA credit. He said, "good choice, the chargers are several months on back order." He said they'd submit the paperwork for the EA credit and I should hear back in a few weeks via email.

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
When I picked up my new XC40 last week, the sales manager on the floor (NOT the salesman I had been working with) approached me at the end of the transaction to ask if I wanted the EA credit or the ChargePoint charger. I already had a charger, so asked for the EA credit. He said, "good choice, the chargers are several months on back order." He said they'd submit the paperwork for the EA credit and I should hear back in a few weeks via email.
Why one or the other (EA vs ChargePoint)? They should be able to offer both.
I’m aware that for ChargePoint you can chose between credit to buy a charger or credit to use their public chargers.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate - Denim Blue - 20" Wheels - v1.7
36 Posts
No clue; my assumption would be they're confusing the two programs and options.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No clue; my assumption would be they're confusing the two programs and options.
Haha. I’d agree with you. I got asked if I wanted the ChargePoint credit or the charger, which we chose the charger when we signed the papers for the car. My salesman had no idea about the EA thing until I asked him this week for the code. Gotta love good dealer training. Haha. I have to say our dealer has been amazing though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FWIW, my dealer said the Chargepoint offer was no longer available. I would have taken the EA credit anyway, but weird that it’s so inconsistent.

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
The folks from Volivo responded. See their response below.
Because I didnt order mine online I can’t check their solution.

“Thank you for contacting Volvo Car USA's Customer Care Center.
I apologize for the inconvenience. The enrollment code is actually your order number you received by email. We hope this information proves helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.”

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The folks from Volivo responded. See their response below.
Because I didnt order mine online I can’t check their solution.

“Thank you for contacting Volvo Car USA's Customer Care Center.
I apologize for the inconvenience. The enrollment code is actually your order number you received by email. We hope this information proves helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.”
You should be able to call your dealer and tell them you need the 9 digit order number and they can get it for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts