Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
The car in the picture is left hand drive and our left hand drives charge is on the left.

Do some Volvo recharges have the charger at front as I saw a picture of a Volvo with front charging.

Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
I don't even see the Picture posted here ! When charging I only see a huge numeric of SOC. Is this pic from the VOC App ?

I'm almost 99.5% certain my Dealer/Sales guy won't know how to help me out. I may need to tap into other Dealer.

Registered
I wonder. Are you using iPhone? I'm Android, maybe a graphics difference between the two apps.
Iphone - are you seeing it on your VOC App ? I can't even sync the VOC app to the VIN -with the statement what it's not available at this time.

Others have posted the "supposedly latest software version" I will check it just o make sure

Registered
View attachment 793

It even shows when the doors are open in real time.
To clarify, you're seeing it from the VOC app on your phone ? AFTER it has been sync with your VIN, correct ? I'll need to first pass the syncing stage.

May call another Volvo Dealer for their help in case ONE of their guys is more educated/savvy on the P8

Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
Nice to see the avatar in the app is the same color as your vehicle (assuming your P8 is Bursting Blue). What color is the avatar in your instrument panel?t
The instrument panel car is a light gray thing. This might be more about contrast & visibility in a critical system rather than aesthetics of a phone application. Just guessing, though!

(Edit: I just realized I left my phone in the car, as usual. That charge pad is nice and all but I swear I never think to grab the phone on the way out. So while retrieving it, I had a look at the instrument panel... yes, gray.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To clarify, you're seeing it from the VOC app on your phone ? AFTER it has been sync with your VIN, correct ? I'll need to first pass the syncing stage.

May call another Volvo Dealer for their help in case ONE of their guys is more educated/savvy on the P8
Yes, on my iphone

Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
I just noticed also that if the preconditioning is active, the roof disappears. If not, the roof is "back".

Also, when locked, the little alarm indicator on the dash flashes in the app too. "Neato!".

Registered
Hello all. I've come back in time from June 3, 2022. Before I jump back into my time machine, just want to reassure you all that by the end of year, Volvo will have fixed the VOC app. In fact, as a surprise, they implemented A.I. for the XC40!! Unfortunately, my XC40 then fell in love with a neighbor's Tesla Model 3 and they drove off together. I have no tolerance for a mixed car marriage, so I didn't go to the wedding. But my new C40 has been sitting at the docks for only 3 months for an update of the Asimov A.I. system (it was breaking the 3rd law of robots in the Consumer Reports tests), so that's progress....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts