Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, XC40 aficionados.

After reading about the ChargePoint incentive program on this forum, I tried directly submitting my info to [email protected]. My first attempt got a response intended for a dealer telling them to be sure to include the VIN and customer e-mail, then nothing. Today I tried again and got an immediate response:
Unfortunately, we are no longer able to process any forms received to this inbox from a customer. Please reach out to your dealer and ask them to submit the Microsoft form for your ChargePoint offer.
As my dealer has been less than helpful with such things, I would like to make it as simple as possible for them by including the aforementioned MS Word form. Does anyone have a copy of the form? I have seen a scan of a paper form, filled out and with personal info redacted, on the forum, but would love to send a blank form to my dealer.

Thanks for your help,

Randall

·
Registered
2021 xc40 Recharge
1 Posts
Hello, XC40 aficionados.

After reading about the ChargePoint incentive program on this forum, I tried directly submitting my info to [email protected]. My first attempt got a response intended for a dealer telling them to be sure to include the VIN and customer e-mail, then nothing. Today I tried again and got an immediate response:

As my dealer has been less than helpful with such things, I would like to make it as simple as possible for them by including the aforementioned MS Word form. Does anyone have a copy of the form? I have seen a scan of a paper form, filled out and with personal info redacted, on the forum, but would love to send a blank form to my dealer.

Thanks for your help,

Randall
Hello, XC40 aficionados.

Thanks for your help,

Randall
Hello,
I had the same issue with the emails to Volvo Claims.
I took the last response I received from Volvo Claims to the deale
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue
r and they filled out this form

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer submitted it for me 3 weeks ago today. No word. I’ve asked them to follow up. How absurd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer submitted it for me 3 weeks ago today. No word. I’ve asked them to follow up. How absurd.
If the dealer submitted the form, email the address above. I didnt get my code my right away. But after emailing the above, I promptly got a code

·
Registered
56 Posts
If the dealer submitted the form, email the address above. I didnt get my code my right away. But after emailing the above, I promptly got a code
Thanks - Unfortunately, that email results in an autoreply stating that they don’t provide the codes that way any longer. So, I need to wait a bit longer. I have an electrician coming on Thursday to install the 220 outlet for me, so I can use the Volvo charger and switch the plug (since it came with the 220 plug as well).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks - Unfortunately, that email results in an autoreply stating that they don’t provide the codes that way any longer. So, I need to wait a bit longer. I have an electrician coming on Thursday to install the 220 outlet for me, so I can use the Volvo charger and switch the plug (since it came with the 220 plug as well).
I just did what I said a few weeks ago. Ok

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any updates from anyone here? The paper with the QR code should be handled by the dealer and not handed to the customer from the way it reads. I felt like I was shouting in an empty hallway when I filled it out. As I was buying the car, I was assured the flex box would be installed in my home and that I would receive a 220V cable as I left. Since I have a 14-50P outlet in my garage, this was exciting news. Unfortunately, I found that the plus they gave me has an incompatible 6-20P attachment to it.

Which 220v cable did your car come with?
When were you promised to receive your ChargePoint box? Were you promised installation?

The form says to discuss alternative options with customer to ensure a positive ownership experience and I have to say, between this confusion and the app not working, I'm disappointed that I'll likely have to spend two months charging my car in the same outlet I use for my toaster. :mad:

That said, a Tesla parked in front of me today and that made me know I made the right decision. I really love the car, I'm just not loving the dealership experience so far.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I filled out the form the dealer gave me at the time of purchase on Aug 6. Got to choose credit or charger. I chose charger. Email from Volvo with coupon code was received on Aug 20 and I ordered the same day. You get to choose the cable you want at that time of order. The charger was backordered. Today Sept 10, I got an email with tracking for the charger. So the backorder delay is about 3 weeks for me

hope this helps

·
Registered
155 Posts
Our charger is on the way too, soon to be available on Ebay!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge | Bursting Blue
7 Posts
We purchased our XC40 on 8/12 and our dealer submitted the paperwork the next day. We received the offer code for the free flex charger in an email on 8/20 and I ordered the same day.
At the time it was stated a backorder of 3-4 weeks. We received an email yesterday, 9/9 that our unit had shipped. So approximately 3 weeks from time of order.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
Any updates from anyone here? The paper with the QR code should be handled by the dealer and not handed to the customer from the way it reads. I felt like I was shouting in an empty hallway when I filled it out. As I was buying the car, I was assured the flex box would be installed in my home and that I would receive a 220V cable as I left. Since I have a 14-50P outlet in my garage, this was exciting news. Unfortunately, I found that the plus they gave me has an incompatible 6-20P attachment to it.

Which 220v cable did your car come with?
When were you promised to receive your ChargePoint box? Were you promised installation?

The form says to discuss alternative options with customer to ensure a positive ownership experience and I have to say, between this confusion and the app not working, I'm disappointed that I'll likely have to spend two months charging my car in the same outlet I use for my toaster. :mad:

That said, a Tesla parked in front of me today and that made me know I made the right decision. I really love the car, I'm just not loving the dealership experience so far. View attachment 1255
I knew which ChargePoint box and cord I wanted so I let my dealer know which to order. And if you have a 14-50 outlet you are able to charge your car at about the same speed as you will get with the ChargePoint adapter. And if by chance you get it ordered with the 6-20P plug, no big deal. All you have to do is get a new outlet for the wall box. The 14-50 uses 4 wires and the 6-20 only uses 3 of the same wires. Check with an electrician if in doubt. I think the delivery time from once I received notification of the order to ChargePoint until it actually arrived was about 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EVSE's are limited to 40A using a plug. Only using a hardwired installation will you be able to get the full 48A (11.5kW) the Chargepoint Home Flex is rated at.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
For those using an electrician to install the ChargePoint wall adapter, I feel the best installation is via the direct wire method vs. a wall plug. With a proper installation on the ChargePoint you will be able to provide 60 or more amps to the ChargePoint allowing it to charge the car a bit faster. Yes, wire more expensive but you can always install a wall box and outlet later if you remove the ChargePoint.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
EVSE's are limited to 40A using a plug. Only using a hardwired installation will you be able to get the full 48A (11.5kW) the Chargepoint Home Flex is rated at.
Actually if yo want to install the ChargePoint direct wired using 70 or 80 amps you can charge a "bit" faster. 50am breaker/40 amps usable = 30 miles charge/hour while the 60am breaker/48 amps usable - 37 miles charge/hour and moving up to 70 our 80 amp breaker and wire = a whopping increase to 37 miles/charge per hour. But the wire size you need to get those extra charging rates could be a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure why the Home Flex has 70/80A listed in the table in their installation manual. The max output of the Home Flex charger is "50 amps and output power of 12 kW (240V, 50A)."

To get the max output of 12kW you would need a 70A breaker and 70A rated wire. I am personally installing mine using a 60A breaker and 60A wire and setting the charger at 48A (11.5kW)

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
I'm not sure why the Home Flex has 70/80A listed in the table in their installation manual. The max output of the Home Flex charger is "50 amps and output power of 12 kW (240V, 50A)."

To get the max output of 12kW you would need a 70A breaker and 70A rated wire. I am personally installing mine using a 60A breaker and 60A wire and setting the charger at 48A (11.5kW)
That's exactly what I did too. Could not see why to add more expensive wire for possibly 1 more mph.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I got my email with the offer code to redeem my home flex, but the stupid promo code doesn't work. I called Volvo customer care and they directed me to charpoint support. I called charge point and they said I had to contact the dealership and have them resubmit the form and start the process over again. Anyone else run into this problem before? It took 4 weeks to get the code the first time, not looking forward to another 4 weeks plus the vac order wait to get the charger.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts