Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten this to work reliably? Sometimes it opens, but mostly it doesn't. Also, what's up with it only opening, but not closing? That's only half useful :(

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
From what I've heard it requires a bit of an improvised dance to get it work consistently. Hopefully Volvo can push through some sort of update that increases the sensitivity of the sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FWIW My wife and I have both gotten it to work pretty consistently. Just a gentle kicking motion between the first V and O. The only time it doesn't work well is if we've backed into a parking spot and I have to stand on a curb with my plant foot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to make a deliberate motion slowly towards the area between the left tail pipe and the license plate and slowly pull the foot back. did not work consistently. Then I saw a video and saw that the person just made a quick kicking motion and pull back the foot quickly and I tried that. It worked every time so far, both open and close.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW My wife and I have both gotten it to work pretty consistently. Just a gentle kicking motion between the first V and O. The only time it doesn't work well is if we've backed into a parking spot and I have to stand on a curb with my plant foot.
Once I started doing this it's worked every time. Great tip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts