Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting for Weathertech to carry rubber passenger compartment floor mats for our XC40 P8 (Coming Soon!). In June, my dealer said there was no rubber floor mat available from Volvo yet. But I just saw these on sale at Riley Volvo - does anyone have these? Like them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was waiting for Weathertech to carry rubber passenger compartment floor mats for our XC40 P8 (Coming Soon!). In June, my dealer said there was no rubber floor mat available from Volvo yet. But I just saw these on sale at Riley Volvo - does anyone have these? Like them?

These come with the protection package.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I have the protection package with rubber mats from Volvo. Only part I disliked is the trunk. I got a different one from there which I put on top of the rubber so I can cycle it to the top if the dog ever gets really messy :)

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
300 Posts
I have them and like them. The driver mat is deteriorating where my foot hits it after about 30k miles with them so that’s a little disappointing. For the $ I paid (a whopping $150 at a downtown Chicago stealership) I’d probably go with Weathertech if they were available, but you’ll be happy with the set from the dealer. Especially at that price.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I found the edges of the trunk one to be sharp. Which was an issue as I lift up the trunk daily to use the hidden space. Still it’s not as bad as the fiber glass drop down hidey lid which I wish I could replace other a higher quality piece.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
31 Posts

I purchased these online for pickup at the dealership. When I went toget them, I actually returned them before even driving with them.

There is no real lip or border to contain messes, and especially for this mom with a 4 yo, the Volvo "all weather mats" have laughable coverage of the rear seat floor area. I have had some amazing mats from OEDRO in my 4runner, looking for similar for the P8: contain liquids and catch lots of sand, and generally protect as much of the carpet as possible from little boys and sandy puppy paws. The Volvo mats miss the mark. I'm waiting on Weather Tech as well, but contemplating buying an inexpensive "universal fit" set for some sort of protection.

I did get the one for the trunk and like it. You can still set upthe grocery divider in the trunk even with the rubber mat on top.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased these online for pickup at the dealership. When I went toget them, I actually returned them before even driving with them....I did get the one for the trunk and like it. You can still set up the grocery divider in the trunk even with the rubber mat on top.
Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for. I'll wait for the Weather Techs I guess - maybe a month from now. Fortunately no rain at my house until at least Halloween :oops: .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed Weathertech fronts (specific for 2021 XC40 Recharge) on Monday. Looking good. Rear lip of passenger may need to settle a bit (a bit forward of tight), probably due to being stuffed in the shipping box all of a chilly night before I put them in the car, but otherwise fit is tight all around driver and passenger wells.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Installed Weathertech fronts (specific for 2021 XC40 Recharge) on Monday. Looking good. Rear lip of passenger may need to settle a bit (a bit forward of tight), probably due to being stuffed in the shipping box all of a chilly night before I put them in the car, but otherwise fit is tight all around driver and passenger wells.
Can you share some pics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My front Weathertech have shipped…can’t wait.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pics. I now realize the lip on the back of passenger side is intentional, as there is nothing really on the car floor to butt against, so this lip forms the catch basin for passenger foot slop. It's far enough back that it is unlikely the passenger foot would hit it or go behind it.
Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow - thanks for the pictures. These look as good as others from Weathertech that I have used over the years in other cars. Mine have shipped and are on the way...black also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts