Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I’ll share some photos later but I would say the front liners have a 95% fit and the rear a bit higher/better.
I’m afraid the Volvo OEM might not provide the same coverage during the New England winter months.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You beat me to it, driver and passenger sides. I just wish they went under pedals and over dead pedal as they are a nice quality rubber mat and snap into the anchor points better than the WeatherTech do.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Trunk
Vehicle Automotive tire Fixture Road surface Grey

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
24 Posts
What are people putting I their XC40’s as floor and cargo liners?

I ordered a set of 3D MAXpider liners for the 1st and 2nd rows. I was between those and the TuxMat liners sold at carid.

For trunk liner I wanted to get the weathertech liner but because of the design of the panels in the trunk it would have been a pain to use them. 3D MAXpider has a very nice cargo liner that seems to fold similar to the cargo panels but it’s out of stock.
I haven't purchased any replacements for my XC40, but i had 3D MAXpider for my Subaru and loved them - far better than weathertechs i had in the past.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hoping the photos came out ok. You can see the fit and the gap that doesn’t fully fit flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have pictures of the mats in the vehicle and of the folding boot liner? How high is the lip on the OEM mats? The pictures on the Volvo website leave something to be desired.
I bought the Volvo "all weather" mats for the front/rear seat areas and the cargo liner.

I kept the cargo liner, fits well. Sort-of folds okay when you fold the cargo liner to keep your groceries in place, but I need the nier for the dog hair.

I returned the front/rear floor mats before I even left the dealership. There was zero lip/edge. Basically a totally flat rubber mat. I have a toddler, a dog, beach sand and hiking dirt, I need something to contain the mess.

Hoping Weathertech or Tuffmats or whoever gets their products out soon. The OEM mats fit great if you just want to protect the carpet. If youneed to contain mess and dirt, not so much. Especially at the pruce point, I was not willing to keep them as a stop gap solution.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought the Volvo "all weather" mats for the front/rear seat areas and the cargo liner.

I kept the cargo liner, fits well. Sort-of folds okay when you fold the cargo liner to keep your groceries in place, but I need the nier for the dog hair.

I returned the front/rear floor mats before I even left the dealership. There was zero lip/edge. Basically a totally flat rubber mat. I have a toddler, a dog, beach sand and hiking dirt, I need something to contain the mess.

Hoping Weathertech or Tuffmats or whoever gets their products out soon. The OEM mats fit great if you just want to protect the carpet. If youneed to contain mess and dirt, not so much. Especially at the pruce point, I was not willing to keep them as a stop gap solution.
Yeah I agree and hear what you're saying. If it was the summer months, then I wouldn't worry about it and just use the stock carpet mats until the Tuxmats were available, but we're coming up on potentially getting snow before they are available.

I don't really want to buy the volvo mats at ~$120 after tax for a few months, so I might just buy some cheap rubber mats to put over the stock floor mats if we get any snow before the Tuxmats are available.

I called Tuxmat yesterday and they were very friendly and put me on their list to be notified when the mats are ready. These mats look like the best quality at a great price ~$185 with free shipping.

FYI.....WeatherTech mats are available now for the Recharge.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah I agree and hear what you're saying. If it was the summer months, then I wouldn't worry about it and just use the stock carpet mats until the Tuxmats were available, but we're coming up on potentially getting snow before they are available.

I don't really want to buy the volvo mats at ~$120 after tax for a few months, so I might just buy some cheap rubber mats to put over the stock floor mats if we get any snow before the Tuxmats are available.

I called Tuxmat yesterday and they were very friendly and put me on their list to be notified when the mats are ready. These mats look like the best quality at a great price ~$185 with free shipping.

FYI.....WeatherTech mats are available now for the Recharge.

I am debating either the 3D mats and live with less than prefect fit for now or the Weathertech and consider them throw away when Tuxmats are available. I am hoping the C40 will use the same mats as the XC40 Recharge

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I still have not received an email and will likely wait for the Tux mats.

Sorry have not checked my email for last 30 minutes, it just came in a little while ago. Still likely will wait on Tuxmats

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought a set of cheap trim-to-fits from Costco and will replace them with Tuxmats once available.
Haha. I just did the same thing. Cheap Amazon mats for $14. We’ll throw them away when the Tuxmats are available. I did get the Volvo trunk mat though….it folds in 3 sections so that’s pretty nice if we wanted to use the grocery hooks.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
I would agree with He Keith on earlier post that for Weathertech, the lip tends to create gap(s) and stiff - I'd always used Weathertech is all previous cars so it was a habit to just order it (Only Driver, Passenger and Cargo line available at that time, no 2nd row seat). By time I got the car in May, they Volvo ended up throwing in all the OEM mats.
Pic#1 The Driver's seat, you clearly see the wiggly gaps (depending on my mood, it does get to me sometimes) Based on pics here, it appears that the 3D may be a better fit.
Pic #2 I used the OEM liner in the back (Weathertech as backup, in the attic), the material is not as stiff as the Weathertech and simple. Doggie tends to scratch is pretty hard to make his "nest" when he settles back there, it's holding up well - I doubt for any brand, much damage can be done to it, most of them are pretty descend.
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Hand Hood Automotive lighting Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory
Outerwear Product Blue Guitar accessory Textile

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Haha. I just did the same thing. Cheap Amazon mats for $14. We’ll throw them away when the Tuxmats are available. I did get the Volvo trunk mat though….it folds in 3 sections so that’s pretty nice if we wanted to use the grocery hooks.
Do you mind sharing photos of the cargo liner folded and fully extended? Can’t seem to find any photos showing the 3 sections and how it works with the current cargo setup.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine came with a full complement of floor mats and liners with Volvo logos....they remind me of the weathertech ones only nicer. And fit nicely under the cargo area storage compartment along with my 20ft extension J cord

41 - 60 of 83 Posts