Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people putting I their XC40’s as floor and cargo liners?

I ordered a set of 3D MAXpider liners for the 1st and 2nd rows. I was between those and the TuxMat liners sold at carid.

For trunk liner I wanted to get the weathertech liner but because of the design of the panels in the trunk it would have been a pain to use them. 3D MAXpider has a very nice cargo liner that seems to fold similar to the cargo panels but it’s out of stock.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
222 Posts
Assuming I get one, I'll go with Lloyd's RubberTite for the floor mats and Canvasback for the cargo area. I might also get a cheap rubber mat for occasional use in the boot.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don’t see the XC40 Recharge listed as having mats. The ICE mats are a bit different and will not fit well.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received yesterday the 1st and 2nd row floor liners and honestly they fit really well.
im curious to know more about the folding cargo liner. @takerhandy do you have the part number by any chance?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I received yesterday the 1st and 2nd row floor liners and honestly they fit really well.
im curious to know more about the folding cargo liner. @takerhandy do you have the part number by any chance?
Sine we have a P8 and T5 I tried the WeatherTech mats from wife’s T5 in my P8 and while they fit OK, they were a bit sloppy and I did not like the way it fit under the driver pedals.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sine we have a P8 and T5 I tried the WeatherTech mats from wife’s T5 in my P8 and while they fit OK, they were a bit sloppy and I did not like the way it fit under the driver pedals.
I contacted weathertech and got this reply from one of their reps on Oct 6:

‘I've pulled up the 2021/Volvo/XC40 Recharge and it looks like the floorliners are currently in the tooling phase of production at this time.
This process may take 6-8 weeks. Unfortunately sometimes sometake longer to make for some vehicles. We always want to make sure our product is the Best quality. ‘

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Weathertech was saying thank like 2 months ago. In June they told me 8-10 weeks and honestly, I am not impressed with the mates we got for the wife's T5. Someone just had their P8 measured at Tuxmat so when those are available I will order those.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Weathertech was saying thank like 2 months ago. In June they told me 8-10 weeks and honestly, I am not impressed with the mates we got for the wife's T5. Someone just had their P8 measured at Tuxmat so when those are available I will order those.
Yes I had them measured. They said trial fit just before Christmas so they likely will be available for all early in the new year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe Weathertech said the same thing to me over four months ago, before we bought our car. I'm waiting for the new Tuxmats to become available.
I had Tuxmats in my Model 3 - did not like the way they fit on the floor area and the way they extended upwards from the floor to the sides of the center console; they were somewhat slippery too when new and took a lot of cleaning at the carwash to mellow them down. After the first winter, got rid of these not-inexpensive mats and replaced them with the Tesla OEM mats, which are made by WeatherTech, a better fit overall, without further ado. BTW, the Tesla Model 3 WeatherTech mats took over two years before coming to market after the Model 3 itself was released.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here is the part number - Reversible/folding textile load compartment mat - #32347041

·
Registered
171 Posts
I contacted weathertech and got this reply from one of their reps on Oct 6:

‘I've pulled up the 2021/Volvo/XC40 Recharge and it looks like the floorliners are currently in the tooling phase of production at this time.
This process may take 6-8 weeks. Unfortunately sometimes sometake longer to make for some vehicles. We always want to make sure our product is the Best quality. ‘
I’m seeing mats available on weathertech’s website for the 2021 XC40 recharge right now. Are they not the right mats or will they not be shipping for a while?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep I got the Volvo rubber mats and boot liner. They are different for the P8/Twin from the other XC40s, and in the boot you can have a folding or non folding one, to go with the folding floor.
Do you have pictures of the mats in the vehicle and of the folding boot liner? How high is the lip on the OEM mats? The pictures on the Volvo website leave something to be desired.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I’m seeing mats available on weathertech’s website for the 2021 XC40 recharge right now. Are they not the right mats or will they not be shipping for a while?
WTF, every time I emailed them they said coming in 8-10 weeks and to sign up to be notified, which I did. A lot of good that did. Since I have the Volvo mats I may wait for the Tuxmats since they tend to make better mats.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So far I’m happy with the fit of the maxliners. It took a bit of juggling to make them fit snug and precise in the 1st row but they ended up fitting fine other than a corner under the seat but I can live with that. I’ll post some photos later.
The 2nd row was very easy and it did fit like a glove.

My wife has had weathertech on all her cars and the common issue is the edge lip, it tends to bend after a few months of use, more so if you have kids. You will start to have quite a lot of dirt on the edges.

Not sure I like the design of the folding cargo liner from Volvo, I feel it needs to fold in 3 places and not in half.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts