Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced the SOS button flashing red? (Not the hazard flashers, the button opposite the On Call button.) I noticed it while driving, the other day and my passenger in the rear seat noticed it too. So I didn’t hallucinate it.

I suspect it indicates that the LTE connection was cutting in and out.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Okay a stupid question. But did you push it? I pushed mine by accident when I was switching on the light (and missed).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay a stupid question. But did you push it? I pushed mine by accident when I was switching on the light (and missed).
No, a good question that inquiring minds would ask. And, no, my hands were nowhere near the SOS button. I noticed it flashing in my peripheral vision while driving on the interstate with both HD ands on the wheel.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What happened when you pushed the button when it was flashing?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Did pushing the button whilst it was flashing make it switch off?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The button eventually stopped flashing without any intervention by me. I was driving at the time and my attention was on the road and traffic. It hasn’t flashed since.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No, a good question that inquiring minds would ask. And, no, my hands were nowhere near the SOS button. I noticed it flashing in my peripheral vision while driving on the interstate with both HD ands on the wheel.
Yes I have noticed that too - maybe 3 times in 5 months we have had the car. Not sure why or under what circumstances it triggers. It does stop and I have pushed it when flashing and then it stopped as well. Would not want emergency vehicles surrounding me while driving!!!

·
Registered
XC40 P8 Recharge 2021
14 Posts
Has anyone else experienced the SOS button flashing red? (Not the hazard flashers, the button opposite the On Call button.) I noticed it while driving, the other day and my passenger in the rear seat noticed it too. So I didn’t hallucinate it.

That seems plausible to me, I see this quite often at home where we have virtual zero cell coverage. Can't say I've noticed it since the last s/w update, but I may just not have seen it.

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
25 Posts
Happened to me while driving through a long alpine tunnel. Stopped blinking as soon as I reached the other end.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Happened to me while driving through a long alpine tunnel. Stopped blinking as soon as I reached the other end.
Is it perhaps saying you cannot call sos? So letting you know it to crash (sarcastic humor).

Interesting data point.

Did you do the tunnel again to see if it happened again?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Duplicated. When there is no signal the sos flash’s red. Happens in a spot in the garage of the condo I park in :)

So it flashes red to distract you to let you know that you are in trouble if you need help. I am dubious of the validity of this design.

·
Registered
22 Posts

It's happened to me and using my powers of deduction I came to the conclusion that it means that the LTE connection is off and thus the SOS will not work until the LTE is reestablished. Makes sense that you lost connection inside a tunnel 🕵️‍♀️

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It's happened to me and using my powers of deduction I came to the conclusion that it means that the LTE connection is off and thus the SOS will not work until the LTE is reestablished. Makes sense that you lost connection inside a tunnel 🕵️‍♀️
(Joke) or the powers of reading as I wrote the same conclusion with experimenting 3 posts back :p

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
my eyes glazed over after the 3rd reply and I just hit "reply" since no had had the right answer in the first 3! Ain't nobody got time for that!
Ha I do the same. I try and scan read to see if it’s been answered but if the right alpha pattern is not seen I reply. Easier for in going threads :)

Glad you took it as I meant it harmless humor :)

cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Happened to me today while driving down the road. After I got him I locked the car and came out a few mins later and it was white and not blinking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts