Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say I got one of these last week and while it's still early in I'm super pleased with it. I only spent a few minutes to install it and it looks like a part of the car. I've been able to see individual files for every time we take the car in the file system, but probably don't plan to be checking on it very often. It requires you to have an app installed and connect to the device over wifi, or you can remove the sd card. I do think it could be a bit more secure but I don't see any issue with how it's attached. I'm also hoping since it's under the cars electronics it will hopefully not immediately melt in the texas sun.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had one in the box since last year collecting dust in the closet. My hesitation to install is is how unstable the 12volt and BUB are. Once those issues are solved I’ll install it.
The other reason is that I’m waiting for warmer weather so the plastic parts are not as stiff as they are in the cold months.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
93 Posts
I have had one in the box since last year collecting dust in the closet. My hesitation to install is is how unstable the 12volt and BUB are. Once those issues are solved I’ll install it.
The other reason is that I’m waiting for warmer weather so the plastic parts are not as stiff as they are in the cold months.
Same here. I've been waiting for it to warm up to minimize the risk of damaging the trim taking it off. Have you heard of specific issues with the 12v battery and people using this camera?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to say I got one of these last week and while it's still early in I'm super pleased with it. I only spent a few minutes to install it and it looks like a part of the car. I've been able to see individual files for every time we take the car in the file system, but probably don't plan to be checking on it very often. It requires you to have an app installed and connect to the device over wifi, or you can remove the sd card. I do think it could be a bit more secure but I don't see any issue with how it's attached. I'm also hoping since it's under the cars electronics it will hopefully not immediately melt in the texas sun.
Does it work when you are not driving (park mode)?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Same here. I've been waiting for it to warm up to minimize the risk of damaging the trim taking it off. Have you heard of specific issues with the 12v battery and people using this camera?
Have had ours installed for 10 months no issues works well does not interfere with visibility looks like OEM equip. No interference with vehicle electronics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not trying to be sarcastic at all, but have never understood the need for a dashcam. Can folks help me understand why they choose to install one?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not trying to be sarcastic at all, but have never understood the need for a dashcam. Can folks help me understand why they choose to install one?
Spend some time on YouTube watching 'Idiots in Cars' or 'Dashcam Videos'. So many accidents are He-said / She-said situations, it's to your advantage to be able to show a video of the event to the police or insurance company (presuming it wasn't your fault.)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spend some time on YouTube watching 'Idiots in Cars' or 'Dashcam Videos'. So many accidents are He-said / She-said situations, it's to your advantage to be able to show a video of the event to the police or insurance company (presuming it wasn't your fault.)
I suppose that is true, though you'd need 360 surround view to be sure... like the time last fall when the guy backed into me (twice) in a warehouse store parking lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone installed the Fitcam X rear camera? Does it integrate and install as nicely as the front camera?
I live in the Netherlands an we are going on holiday to France in half an hour (1000KM). Yesterday I got the Fitcam (front and rear). Installation was a few hours work. I'm extremely satisfied with what I've seen so far. I'll share more of my experience in a few days after actually using it.
(Please click like and subscribe, and don't forget the bell in the upper right corner. ;-) )

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge - Onyx black
23 Posts
I live in the Netherlands an we are going on holiday to France in half an hour (1000KM). Yesterday I got the Fitcam (front and rear). Installation was a few hours work. I'm extremely satisfied with what I've seen so far. I'll share more of my experience in a few days after actually using it.
(Please click like and subscribe, and don't forget the bell in the upper right corner. ;-) )
From what I've seen the front camera is a fairly quick/easy install with good lighting and tools, but I have not seen anything on the rear install. Did it come with any instructions, or do you have any sources or advice on installing the rear camera?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts