Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is everyone waiting on in an OTA update? VOC is now working for the most part, and I think the next big thing was CarPlay/Apple Play which I thought was a 2022 event. And maybe some functionality around the orange key.
VOC is not working for the XC40 Recharge. There may be some edge cases where it is functional but that is the exception.

·
Registered
262 Posts
What is everyone waiting on in an OTA update? VOC is now working for the most part, and I think the next big thing was CarPlay/Apple Play which I thought was a 2022 event. And maybe some functionality around the orange key.
CarPlay and Orange Key speed limit are coming "later this year" according to Volvo:
New functions will be added for your vehicle later this year. For example, the orange Care Key key will get a speed limit designed to help ensure that the vehicle is driven safely, for example if you loan it out. Apple CarPlay will be added to also enable a passenger to integrate their phone with your vehicle.
Although it's interesting they say CarPlay is for a "passenger", not the driver.

(from: Latest information for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | Support and legal articles | Volvo Support (volvocars.com) )

·
Registered
262 Posts
From the web site, it looks like even basic VOC functions aren't yet "officially" supported for 2021 vehicles, until sometime in "mid-2021". Some other nice features on the way, though - it says these will all be delivered to the car via OTA updates:

Volvo Cars app updates

Updated 5/30/2021
A selection of functions for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric are presented here.
Functions coming in mid-2021 for model year 2021 vehicles:
  • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
  • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
  • Management of personal settings for the app and account
  • Climate timers – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights
Functions already available for model year 2022 vehicles:
  • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
  • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
  • Management of personal settings for the app and account
Functions coming later in 2021/beginning of 2022:
  • Climate timers (for model year 2022) – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? (for model year 2022) – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights
  • Push notification to your phone if your vehicle is unlocked
  • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
  • Scheduling updates – remote pre-setting of times to update the vehicle over the air (OTA)
  • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
  • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
  • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
  • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks like "Phone as a Key" (PaaK) is not on this list. Not sure if they ever promised this for XC40?

PaaK is already starting to roll out for Polestar 2 via OTA car update & mobile app update.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ota.

Should we start a sweep stake on whose car will get bricked by it first …(British humor)

Do we get an ota choice like we do on iPhones TVs etc?

Then then the board can be our equivalent to Forbes should i upgrade my iPhone.

Honestly will be nice to have ota working as that is part of what makes Evs non service center centered.

Yay for a step foreword.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't forget to charge your battery at least 40% to update. Unless your battery level is over than 40%, you should not able to update.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am also waiting for the day we get in and the car days

“Hello <insert your name> I got a new update last night and I am now all better”

It slips into gear and starts driving itself to. . .

Somewhere.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Where are we with OTA? It has not been offered to me yet. Wondering if anyone else has gotten it recently?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where are we with OTA? It has not been offered to me yet. Wondering if anyone else has gotten it recently?
You are not alone. In fact, I wonder if the OTA's are on hold, as I haven't seen many reports from folks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That’s what I was wondering. Felt like they started and stalled.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1st wave of OTA was done. Not sure if we have 2nd wave already or not.
As some of you saw, I got the update on July 6th as the first group of OTA.
Anyone got the OTA after the first wave?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
234 Posts
First wave: alpha testers
Second wave: beta testers
Third wave: 😂

Being pretty stable on the last non-OTA, I'm fine waiting!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys, I have a reservation on a C40. Has the XC40 not receive any updates at all? I thought he has received some based off this support page Software updates | Volvo Support
Our car has received 2x updates since it was built, both performed at the dealership. But the “updates” screen looks different now and actually shows “vehicle is up to date” — indicating that future updates will be OTA. There was a small batch of owners who got some OTA updates, but then it seems to have paused.

I’d suspect that by the time your C40 arrives they will have the latest/greatest software pre installed, and most future updates there-after will indeed be OTA. You should be good to go!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts