Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a way to easily tell what the current version of the software is? I just picked up my car Thursday and not sure if it already has the latest version.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is there a way to easily tell what the current version of the software is? I just picked up my car Thursday and not sure if it already has the latest version.
First - the original poster here was joking, in case that's not clear. There have been no OTA updates yet.

Second - you can go to Settings -> System -> About to see your current software versions. Unfortunately, it's not easy to decipher, but we've determined the latest versions should look like the image below. This is what Volvo calls "Updates from and including April 2021". Software was "built" in March, but not officially released until April after testing & debugging. This update required dealer installation, was not an OTA update:

Third - when OTA updates eventually do happen, the update process is described here:
Latest information for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | Support and legal articles | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer told me (correctly or incorrectly) that they'd only release "small" updates OTA but that "larger" updates would still require me to bring the car in. Here's to hoping he was wrong!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am guessing your dealer was drinking cool aid but off brand cool aid that had been left in the soon too much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My salesman said there would be a software update in July/August. Pretty sure he's not on the development team though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have seen no indication or evidence that the Volvo sales team in America is more or even equally informed as the folks on this board.

The things they say. The things they do not know. It is quite amazing the disconnect going on.

Perhaps this is usual with a new car line as 90% of the car is similar to other lines so they can coast/wing it/make things up but alas with the P8 a lot has changed.

They also seem rather anti learning. I have suggested to a few that they check out and follow this forum but no enthusiasm was shown.

Oh well :)
We deal with the sales people only for a short time. Thank god Volvo service works and tries really hard.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm worried that the "week of June 13th" referred to when the VOC app would become reliable, and not necessarily for a car update.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have no idea if it's coincidence or some update, but VOC (Or "VC", now) seems to have gotten more stable for me. I've used it several times in the past couple of days and it shows up-to-date info within 20 seconds of launching.

<knock on wood>

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm worried that the "week of June 13th" referred to when the VOC app would become reliable, and not necessarily for a car update.
It was my impression that "week of June 13th" was their target date for getting the whole back-end infrastructure scaled up & working reliably - not a specific mobile app or car software update.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
90 Posts
It’s inexcusable that P8 owners are left in the dark whether it’s back-end infrastructure or a specific app. The project management deadlines should not be secrets. I’d have more respect for Volvo if it communicated a date when, for example, OTA is enabled and on that date OTA works rather than it just start working one day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It’s inexcusable that P8 owners are left in the dark whether it’s back-end infrastructure or a specific app. The project management deadlines should not be secrets. I’d have more respect for Volvo if it communicated a date when, for example, OTA is enabled and on that date OTA works rather than it just start working one day.
By OTA, I presume you mean VOC?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What is everyone waiting on in an OTA update? VOC is now working for the most part, and I think the next big thing was CarPlay/Apple Play which I thought was a 2022 event. And maybe some functionality around the orange key.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is everyone waiting on in an OTA update? VOC is now working for the most part, and I think the next big thing was CarPlay/Apple Play which I thought was a 2022 event. And maybe some functionality around the orange key.
I'm waiting bug fix such as lost LTE and hang the charging control things....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts