Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ouch! Mine just got its first scratch over the weekend. It’s down to the metal. I went to close the garage door and the arm mechanism scraped the liftgate. I had the lift gate open while carrying groceries in.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oy! That's rough! Sorry!

I'm hoping a body shop can "buff it out" for mine for not much fundage. But I've never had a body shop repair done before.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I have a few scratches on the rear from my dogs failed attempts to jump up.

Also noticed a couple of paint chips on the front hood from driving. I am surprised how this this paint is compared to my 1998 cross country. Whose paint felt like it was a millimeter thick of many layers.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
925 Posts
Ouch! Mine just got its first scratch over the weekend. It’s down to the metal. I went to close the garage door and the arm mechanism scraped the liftgate. I had the lift gate open while carrying groceries in. View attachment 1015
SAME HERE ! Garage door mechanism got caught, both Garage and Car beeped, complete stuck. Had to drive the car forward an inch to release both....URRRggghhh......

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
925 Posts
I have a few scratches on the rear from my dogs failed attempts to jump up.

Also noticed a couple of paint chips on the front hood from driving. I am surprised how this this paint is compared to my 1998 cross country. Whose paint felt like it was a millimeter thick of many layers.
Totally understand ! The clearance was higher than expected, even though mine is a lab, his back legs sometimes still get caught while trying to jump up. Not wanting him to fall or too much strain on his legs, i got a 2-step ladder that easily folds up one-handed and it's permanently in the back seat just for him.....

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Totally understand ! The clearance was higher than expected, even though mine is a lab, his back legs sometimes still get caught while trying to jump up. Not wanting him to fall or too much strain on his legs, i got a 2-step ladder that easily folds up one-handed and it's permanently in the back seat just for him.....

View attachment 1093
I think I got mine the same steps. She looks at me and says da what’s that for! So she either jumps and scrabbles or me or her mums pick her 80 pounds up :)

FYI the steps also fit in the trump under the flooring in the lift up space. Actually a lot of stuff fits in there.

I use the steps for cleaning the roof of the car. Even at 6 foot 1 I cannot reach the center of the roof without a step :)

Reactions: MMK
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.