Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Dallas, TX, supposedly the first few batches of shipments are arriving between end of Mar - 1st week of April. From my conversations with multiple Dealerships leading to the purchase of one, it's clear that the Car is too new for any Salesmen or Technician to answer questions of Buyers in a confident manner. The reality is, the first batch of P8 owners are almost like "Beta Testers" especially when it's Volvo's 1st EV where actual owners would probably learn/know more by sharing experiences than totally relying on the words of a Dealership. Hence, going into this decision, I'm mentally prepared for the "new" Car to trigger error lights/messages etc that no one can immediately attend to (but then again, it may be smooth sailing). Regardless, with a legacy Company like Volvo, I was willing to take the plunge !

In short, I hope this Forum continues to be alive for the benefit of owners to share tips. insights and experiences !

·
Registered
CANCELED - 2021 XC40 Recharge
99 Posts
Located in Dallas, TX, supposedly the first few batches of shipments are arriving between end of Mar - 1st week of April. From my conversations with multiple Dealerships leading to the purchase of one, it's clear that the Car is too new for any Salesmen or Technician to answer questions of Buyers in a confident manner. The reality is, the first batch of P8 owners are almost like "Beta Testers" especially when it's Volvo's 1st EV where actual owners would probably learn/know more by sharing experiences than totally relying on the words of a Dealership. Hence, going into this decision, I'm mentally prepared for the "new" Car to trigger error lights/messages etc that no one can immediately attend to (but then again, it may be smooth sailing). Regardless, with a legacy Company like Volvo, I was willing to take the plunge !

In short, I hope this Forum continues to be alive for the benefit of owners to share tips. insights and experiences !
Welcome to the Forum, MMK! The Recharge thread is heavily active and we are all excited about the car and its arrival for most of us shortly.

I agree, most are okay "beta testing" but would expect some sort of compensation or perk given by Volvo. We have been crowdsourcing answers to questions that dealers or corporate can't get straight. We hope it will get better as we move forward.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, MMK! The Recharge thread is heavily active and we are all excited about the car and its arrival for most of us shortly.

I agree, most are okay "beta testing" but would expect some sort of compensation or perk given by Volvo. We have been crowdsourcing answers to questions that dealers or corporate can't get straight. We hope it will get better as we move forward.
Over 2500 miles on mine and it's great so far, no issues!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brand new to the forum, have never owned a Volvo before and this is my first electric vehicle. I am in Minnesota. Ordered the car 2/1/21 and it just arrived in Baltimore this past Wednesday. Had the ChargePoint charger hardwired into the garage. Looking very forward to receiving the car in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You will love it. Just don’t try and get voc working for now. Enjoy the car. :) and welcome to omg I am doing 105 land :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I do enjoy driving the car, but us being beta testers is being generous. I would almost say we are Alpha testers. I own that I read this forum as I was deciding and still decided it was a nice car. But when you looks at the things not ready and promised to be coming; XM, CarPlay/Android Auto, Volvo on Call (now Volvo,Cars). Then the limitations of Android Automotive, YouTube music limited to playlists of 100 Songs, lack of Waze on Android Automotive. Then add in the entire keys fiasco. I also have a few issues not specific to the Recharge, yet still annoying: drivers door pull handle has mechanical issue where I need to fiddle to open it, bad front right tire valve (when checking pressure if I am not careful, the stems sticks open). All this and less than 250 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts