Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day to All
I am unable to display the wiper symbol that I need to tap so that I may change the windshield wiper blades on my wife's XC40.
A step by step on how to display the wiper symbol on the center display would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
320 Posts
Service mode can be activated/deactivated when the car is stationary and the windscreen wipers are not on. Service mode is activated/deactivated via the function view in the centre display:

P5-1507-Serviceposition-button

Press the Wiper Service Position button. The light indicator in the button illuminates when service mode is activated. Upon activation, the wipers move to standing straight up. To deactivate the service mode, press Wiper Service Position again. The light indicator in the button extinguishes when service mode is deactivated.

The wiper blades also exit service position if:
  • Windscreen wiping is activated.
  • Windscreen washing is activated.
  • Rain sensor activated.
  • The car is driven away.
Important
If the wiper arms in service position have been folded up from the windscreen, they must be folded back down onto the windscreen before the activation of wiping, washing or the rain sensor, as well as before driving. This is to avoid scraping the paint on the bonnet.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jezza,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is I cannot figure how to get to the function view in the center display. I go to my car or wipers but there is no symbol. I cannot find the correct pathway to show the wiper symbol. Befuddled at 75. Can you take me to the very beginning step to show the function view referred to in the first sentence? Thanks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the main display in the center of the car, swipe your finger from the left-side of the display towards the right-side of the display.
(If you have a left-seat-driver car. Go the opposite way if you have a right-seat-driver car.)
Thanks Alan. I appreciate your help. I was successful in changing the wipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.