Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well todays supposed to be the day i get my XC40 P8 back.
Its been broke down since early April, and after waiting on 2 OBC's, then the dealer scratching it up on the lot and getting repainted its coming back today.

I have owned the car for 1 year this month and the dealership has had it for nearly 4 of those months :/

I have asked Volvo to step in and help me out here over and over and get the same cookie cutter response of "we have reached out to mgmt and will update when we hear back".

Does anyone here know wo to contact someone at corporate USA and get some real person involved?

If it wasnt so hard to get a car right now id have lemon law'd this ages ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it back this evening. It's back in the garage and charging up again. So that's good. They did pretty good on the paint repairs. I had to redo some stuff with my phone pairing and the app and all that. And Its got ver 2.2 or whatever now. Looking at the service notes I see where they replaced the obc and updated it's software, also updated the ihu and replaced the tcam battery and the 12v battery. I assume the latter are the result of it sitting on the lot for 3 months.
I have yet to drive the car other than pull it into the garage. I'll post some pictures soon. It's the sage green one.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Good luck. I hope volvo gave you some money or perks for all the away time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh, they just wrote.me back and said. Sorry your request was denied. That was literally the whole email. After saying nothing for two months but I have reached out to manager and will get back with you shortly.. no offer at all.

Goodbye Volvo

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Huh, they just wrote.me back and said. Sorry your request was denied. That was literally the whole email. After saying nothing for two months but I have reached out to manager and will get back with you shortly.. no offer at all.

Goodbye Volvo
Wow that is harsh :(
Sorry you had that experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drove it a few times now since the new OBC was installed and the 2.2 software, the IHU seems faster and overall better, the new map view is worse as others have said.
So far its driven and charged fine.
i found a few more small scratches here and there. It's a shame dealerships are so careless...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts