Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Today we closed on a 2023 C40 Ultimate at Sandberg in seattle.
The wife is torn between the Pearl White or the Thunder Grey. I saw the Pearl White on a C40 that was sold and it looked amazing. However the C40 we drove was Thunder Grey and it was nice. We have until June 30th to decide color. Delivery in October.
Thoughts??

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
120 Posts
Hi everyone.

The wife is torn between the Pearl White or the Thunder Grey. I saw the Pearl White on a C40 that was sold and it looked amazing. However the C40 we drove was Thunder Grey and it was nice. We have until June 30th to decide color. Delivery in October.
Thoughts??
Check out the interesting new silver colours coming: silver dawn and bright dusk, if you are considering crystal white. Glacier silver and the red are gone, and denim blue is replaced by fjord blue. Thunder grey, sage green and black are unchanged.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
812 Posts
I think it looks great in either colour, but the Thunder is going to be more unique/interesting. Very subjective of course! I’m sure it’ll be great in any colour, whatever you end up with.

Reactions: MMK

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone.

Thoughts??
I picked up my 2022 C40 (Silver Dawn) about a month ago after placing my order in April (2022) and I absolutely love the colour. I have had many comments about it from my neighbours. My wife's vehicle is a 2020 XC40 R-Design (Crystal White) and we love the colour of it too.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I picked up my 2022 C40 (Silver Dawn) about a month ago after placing my order in April (2022) and I absolutely love the colour. I have had many comments about it from my neighbours. My wife's vehicle is a 2020 XC40 R-Design (Crystal White) and we love the colour of it too.
Maybe you have already, but could you post a couple pics of the Silver Dawn? My dad is considering that for his next XC60 PHEV.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice. It looks lighter than I imagined. We had a silver C30 that looked similar but I suppose that was a different shade.
It is quite a bit lighter than the Thunder Grey, but that makes sense because it is silver and not grey. The Silver Dawn is very similar in colour to that of my old 2012 Electric Silver Volvo S60.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It is quite a bit lighter than the Thunder Grey, but that makes sense because it is silver and not grey. The Silver Dawn is very similar in colour to that of my old 2012 Electric Silver Volvo S60.
Just looked and our C30 was Electric Silver too. I miss that car a bit but sold it to a friend so we still see it occasionally! :)
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Reactions: Sango

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just looked and our C30 was Electric Silver too. I miss that car a bit but sold it to a friend so we still see it occasionally! :)
View attachment 3999
Nice ride. I love that colour. Looking back over the last 60 years or so I have owned a VW Beetle, VW Rabbit, GM Sunbirds, Acura something or other, Mazda Precidia (MX3), and two Volvo S60's and they have all been silver in colour. And now I have a 2022 C40 Silver Dawn. I am not sure, but I may be in a rut when it comes to vehicle colour!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Nice ride. I love that colour. Looking back over the last 60 years or so I have owned a VW Beetle, VW Rabbit, GM Sunbirds, Acura something or other, Mazda Precidia (MX3), and two Volvo S60's and they have all been silver in colour. And now I have a 2022 C40 Silver Dawn. I am not sure, but I may be in a rut when it comes to vehicle colour!
Silver is so practical - doesn't show the dirt (until you wash it and realise how dirty it was LOL!) My first Volvo was also silver - an 83 240 Turbo wagon...loved that car too! :)
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
812 Posts
Don't you wish you still had that car now? That is one awesome machine (other than being a ICE)! As my wife says, "Its' so ugly, its' sexy"!
Haha yeah would be nice to have that car now. That was back in the USA and I sold the car in the late 90s before moving to Australia...it was in nearly perfect condition when I bought it (it had been an ex-serviceman's European Delivery car, and had some interesting optional extras on it...was also a manual with overdrive, and I fitted the Volvo IBS (intercooler boost system) kit to it when I bought it. Sadly it went downhill when I moved from Texas to Detroit (worked at the GM Tech Centre there). The winter salt took a toll on the body - mainly surface rust but still, I was shocked that it only took about 5 years for it to degrade significantly. I have a gold 91 240 GLE wagon here in AUS that I plan to put a turbo engine and manual transmission in. But yeah, lately the petrol Volvos have been languishing in the garage as we use one of the EVs for 99% of our driving now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts