Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the nicest features my Subaru Outback and Forrester had was when stationary, if the car in front of me moved it would give a chime and alert with "car ahead has moved." I admit while at lights, I read up on email or text messages. This feature saves me from a lot of horn honking from the people behind me. I don't see the XC40 doing this at the moment, and would be a nice add.

Secondly, if I don't put on my seat belt - the warning does stop. In the Subaru, it would get louder and never stop. With this car not having a stop/start button - I can hope in and start going without the belt on and sometimes have forgotten to put it on 10 mins later because the audible warning turns off!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Teslas can be set to chime when the light turns green too if you are first in line. It's handy.
that's cool - even the Subaru doesn't do that. It should be easy for them to program into the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One of the nicest features my Subaru Outback and Forrester had was when stationary, if the car in front of me moved it would give a chime and alert with "car ahead has moved." I admit while at lights, I read up on email or text messages. This feature saves me from a lot of horn honking from the people behind me. I don't see the XC40 doing this at the moment, and would be a nice add.

Secondly, if I don't put on my seat belt - the warning does stop. In the Subaru, it would get louder and never stop. With this car not having a stop/start button - I can hope in and start going without the belt on and sometimes have forgotten to put it on 10 mins later because the audible warning turns off!
Put your phone down and drive the car!! you are not that important your emails cant wait

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
According to another thread the P8 has the car ahead has moved feature.

I assume that if police see you using your phone even when stopped they can ticket you. Which is fair as a lot of people txt. Realize the cars have moved then race to catch up/turn without fully scanning and getting caught up on what’s going on around them.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to another thread the P8 has the car ahead has moved feature.

I assume that if police see you using your phone even when stopped they can ticket you. Which is fair as a lot of people txt. Realize the cars have moved then race to catch up/turn without fully scanning and getting caught up on what’s going on around them.
Hmmm, I haven't seen where it alerts me. It does have the stop-and-go traffic mode when in pilot assist mode, but I am not used to that yet.

I was expecting the 'put your phone down'. My phone is always down when the car is moving. This is no different than messing with the radio or touchscreen of the car when stopped at a light. Also, you can be distracted when you have other people in the car, I have on occasion not realize the car in front of me moved when talking to passengers. So am I only to drive alone now?

I am more puzzled by my second question that no one replied too - that I can basically ride in the car without a seat belt with no warning other than the 5 seconds when I get in the car. Is Volvo that pretentious of their cars being so safe that you don't need a seat belt? Even my 1999 S90 seat belt warning wouldn't go off until I was belted. They need to fix that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm, I haven't seen where it alerts me. It does have the stop-and-go traffic mode when in pilot assist mode, but I am not used to that yet.

I was expecting the 'put your phone down'. My phone is always down when the car is moving. This is no different than messing with the radio or touchscreen of the car when stopped at a light. Also, you can be distracted when you have other people in the car, I have on occasion not realize the car in front of me moved when talking to passengers. So am I only to drive alone now?

I am more puzzled by my second question that no one replied too - that I can basically ride in the car without a seat belt with no warning other than the 5 seconds when I get in the car. Is Volvo that pretentious of their cars being so safe that you don't need a seat belt? Even my 1999 S90 seat belt warning wouldn't go off until I was belted. They need to fix that.
There's a few idiosyncrasies with the seatbelt in Volvo. You can't turn on adaptive cruise control or pilot assist without being belted; you can't open the door while in drive without your seat belt on either or it'll immediately put it in park and it won't let you shift from park to drive with the door open and no seatbelt on. Found that out in my tiny garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts