Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a problem I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: The little triangular piece of trim on the exterior of the back window popped off while opening the door.

I don't see any visible differences between the left side (where this occurred) and the right side of the car. Can't figure out why this would have happened. Has anyone encountered this?

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Car

Hood Fin Aviation Flap Aircraft

Bumper Netbook Finger Automotive exterior Wood

·
Registered
55 Posts
I noticed mine popping on the rear drivers side last week, seems the door weather stripping is catching it. Not doing it on the rear passenger.

I have a service appointment Tuesday to look at it but right now I keep pressure on it if I have to open it.. pretty much only the dog uses the back seat.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
81 Posts
Looks like few of the tabs that holds it broke? Did you bring this to the dealer and they have to fix something close to that section? Maybe they broke it. The technician lost some of our clips that holds the frunk cover. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like few of the tabs that holds it broke? Did you bring this to the dealer and they have to fix something close to that section? Maybe they broke it. The technician lost some of our clips that holds the frunk cover. :mad::mad:
I noticed my c40 had some clips missing in the frunk cover too but I haven't taken it to the dealer so I'm guessing it came like that from the factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does look like some tabs broke. No idea how that could have happened -- the car is (obviously) pretty new, hasn't been driven much, no work has been done on it since bringing it home. Somehow, the weather stripping must have caught on it and popped it off, breaking the tabs.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
21 Posts
I was going to mention this myself! That piece catches on our driver's side (UK right-hand-drive) when you open the door and I'm concerned it'll eventually wear down and come off. Clearly a design flaw and one to add to the snag list for Volvo I think!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
It does look like some tabs broke. No idea how that could have happened -- the car is (obviously) pretty new, hasn't been driven much, no work has been done on it since bringing it home. Somehow, the weather stripping must have caught on it and popped it off, breaking the tabs.
Do you uses an automated car wash? If so, just wondering if that might be how this happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car had not been through a car wash; there had been no impact to car, no explanation I can imagine. The back door has probably been opened and closed fewer than 20 times during our ownership of it. It seems to just be badly made?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts