Volvo XC40 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have about 900 miles now on our our P8 and really fits our needs perfectly. Real world range at 75mph is a bit less than advertised but works fine for us. MORE fun to drive than our M4 in many ways. Some quirky things going on on the drivers display but I bet it will get fixed on the over the air updates. Switches back to KPH while driving and Trip information is nowhere to be found Not going to worry about it for now.
Did my first FAST charger recharge yesterday and got 50% capacity addition in 35 minutes while grabbing lunch.
Charge rate at home for my 30 amp 220v outlet using the supplied cord is 14miles per hour. If i had a 50 amp outlet it would be more. I had to adjust the charge rate in the car to keep it from blowing the breaker. Fine for us.
Blows away the Tesla Y IMO for fit and finish. Not one person has noticed that it is an EV yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some quirky things going on on the drivers display but I bet it will get fixed on the over the air updates.
Can you clarify what quirky things you are getting? Mine shows a "you are not parked" every time I slow down in traffic/at a stoplight, and it's driving me bonkers. I can't find anything in the manual about how to turn it off, and I can't connect to Volvo On Call yet because it says it's not available for the Recharge. I've asked the dealer... they said it would be fixed with the software update... did that yesterday... didn't fix it. Going back to them tomorrow, but figured I'd check what you are experiencing too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Funny you should ask ... I had intended to ask the same question myself today! I made that comment after seeing someone mention it on a different forum, and later started to wonder if that was even possible. I don't know enough about the technology to know if that's possible, or likely to be possible in the future. (But I hope so!) Maybe someone else can weigh in!
Checked this, and a few other things, with Voivo. They said later updates are unlikely. I'll post the full reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Occasionally our display will read in MPH but usually its KPH. When it switches to KPH ...while driving sometimes.... it looses the mileage per KWH info and the trip info screen will not come up. (changing settings does not work) Never had the "you are not parked" display. Will be nice when we get the Volvo On Call working. Did your car automatically update yesterday? I did not check but did not get any notice. Other than having to do the conversion from KPH to MPH, its not really a big deal. Kinda the stuff i expect when being an early adopter. We haven't even called the dealer because I don't see how they would know what to do anyway. Will see what its doing around March and then if still having issues we will call.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hello everyone, I checked with Volvo on several issues. Here's the response:
Spare tire:
The dealer was correct. The Recharge does not come with a spare due to the size of the battery pack. It will come with an emergency sealant kit though.
Charging cable/station:
The Recharge will come with a six-foot charging cable. You may also purchase a home charging station, if that is something you would prefer. Our charging stations are produced by a company called ChargePoint.
Volvo on Call/Sirius:
At this time, Volvo On Call and SiriusXM are not available. However, Volvo On Call will be released for the Recharge this Spring, and SiriusXM a little later on this year. You will be notified when these become available for download.
(Im)possibility of extending range via future updates:
It is not likely that the range will be extended at some point in the future. This would require too many mechanical, electronic, and software changes to the vehicle to be feasible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did your car automatically update yesterday?
I didn't see anything update... but honestly around the parking notification, I haven't been able to get past anything else. :) Literally seconds after I made my post, the dealer called me.. they are on their way to pick up the car to figure out what's wrong. Yay!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, I checked with Volvo on several issues. Here's the response:
Spare tire:
The dealer was correct. The Recharge does not come with a spare due to the size of the battery pack. It will come with an emergency sealant kit though.
Charging cable/station:
The Recharge will come with a six-foot charging cable. You may also purchase a home charging station, if that is something you would prefer. Our charging stations are produced by a company called ChargePoint.
Volvo on Call/Sirius:
At this time, Volvo On Call and SiriusXM are not available. However, Volvo On Call will be released for the Recharge this Spring, and SiriusXM a little later on this year. You will be notified when these become available for download.
(Im)possibility of extending range via future updates:
It is not likely that the range will be extended at some point in the future. This would require too many mechanical, electronic, and software changes to the vehicle to be feasible.
The charging cable that comes with the US car has both a 110v plug and a 220v plug. I don't see the need for the home charger for us since i have 220v in the garage all ready.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Numerous dealerships here in New England seem to have XC40 BEVs in stock now.
And lots more YouTube video reviews seem to be going up, as of the past month.
So it's coming out now. Nobody on this forum has one yet?
Any in Massachusetts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Seattleman, Someone else asked a similar question... but when you said "My only gripe is that the range improves via software/firmware updates." --- are you saying it actually will be possible for the range to improve via updates? Or did you mean to say hope, rather than gripe? I'll be thrilled if range improvement is possible down the line. (Though of course it would be better if the range was good from the start.) Thanks!
I guess “Hope” would be a more appropriate word instead of gripe. If I am not mistaken I think, a recent firmware update gave Tesla range a slight boost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I guess “Hope” would be a more appropriate word instead of gripe. If I am not mistaken I think, a recent firmware update gave Tesla range a slight boost.
Yes, let's hope! However, Volvo says it's not likely. Here's the response I received: "t is not likely that the range will be extended at some point in the future. This would require too many mechanical, electronic, and software changes to the vehicle to be feasible."

61 - 72 of 72 Posts