·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
575 Posts
You can also see new video clips on Volvo's yootoob channel. Nice to see all the bosses but it's mostly puffery. \

I saw Jim Rowan’s update and it was a good teaser. Can’t wait to see the EX90. Sounds like the C got dropped along with with the word Embla which was floating around as the next alternative name. In a few weeks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car & Driver posted an article that includes a rendering. Looks awesome. But the view out the rear window looks worse than the C40.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Car & Driver posted an article that includes a rendering. Looks awesome. But the view out the rear window looks worse than the C40.
Cool. I have seen renderings of this EX90 months ago on another forum. I could have posted a link on here sometime ago. Its interesting how Jim Rowan pitched up the introduction but I was not that surprised because reveals like this typically (not always) happen at fancy schmancy global auto shows like (Vegas, Detroit, Paris, LA). I am not sure what that venue would be for the reveal but my 0.02c are it could be in the USA or Europe where you’d envision a similar speech but with real audience, media, car reviewers and EV enthusiasts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wonder if the efficiency will be improved ...
The actual reveal in November should tell us the tech specs. My gut feel / it will be an improvement in range, efficiency, HP, torque and hopefully a shortened duration to EV charging. I know the safety is cutting edge which is just about expected from a Volvo brand. Jim’s description of the emotive feeling when a driver drives and the distractions of life we all have to succumb to when driving with passengers or without leads me to conclude a an innovative approach to safety in the EX90.

I for one drove the 1st Gen. 2004 XC90 2.5T for 18 years without a single major accident towards me and my family (god bless the Volvo and my driving habits), made me a real life fan of the brand and it’s hyper visibility around people and life safety. So, the expectations and life’s driving experience going into the EX90 is very fulfilling for me, and with being a 10 month hardcore real life C40 EV driver, I have up-skilled my family’s safety and sustainability commitments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts