Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using my July electric bill ($0.1239/kWh), the indicated kWh/100 miles from the car (31.2), and based on gas costing $3.00/gal, I am getting the equivalent of 78 mi/gal. Not bad at all. Interestingly (coincidentally?), the "sticker" mileage rating is 79 combined city/highway.

Over a range of gas prices from $2.00 to $4.00/gal the equivalent mileage would work out to roughly between 52 and 103 mi/gal. If your electricity costs $.10/kWh, the range would be 64 to 128 mi/gal. Pretty impressive.

I drive a mix of highway and local, but very little city driving, for about 1000 miles/mo. In CT this July it has been relatively cool and rainy so there hasn't been a demand for the use of lots of AC while driving.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
For my commute, I think my gasoline cost (in my previous vehicle, a 4Runner) would be close to 280/month now. The P8 is using about $50/mo in electricity and that includes more around-town errands because "it's cheaper and I don't have to run it long enough to fully warm it up". So, yeah, pretty darn happy with that!

·
Registered
83 Posts
A bigger saving for us was all the non stop trips for service on our mercedes. Transmission, engine mounts, oil changes, broken exhaust, death by a thousand ICEy cuts. Nice not to have to worry about anything aside from brakes and tires

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
261 Posts
A bigger saving for us was all the non stop trips for service on our mercedes. Transmission, engine mounts, oil changes, broken exhaust, death by a thousand ICEy cuts.
I had a MB GL diesel and had the motor mounts replaced just before the warranty expired. I don't miss the regular maintenance (and unscheduled maintenance) for an ICE vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts