Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Most of the threads/posts I have seen seem to show once you get over 55mph the efficiency starts to drop pretty fast. I see this in a lot of EV posts, but the brick wall aerodynamics of the Volvo probably exaggerate this. I too usually have an overall average of around 30mph. and get 31-34 kWh/100miles average most of the time.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
126 Posts
I'm not the OP but he was responding to a question about his average speed, whereas in an earlier post he discussed energy usage per 100 miles.

Living in the DC metro area my "average speed" doesn't even get to 30 mph. Short bursts of go like **** and long stretches of bumper to bumper.
Yes, here in DMV (DC,MD,VA) we do a lot of creeping along, mixed with bursts. I don't think I've ever averaged more than 35mph (at least that I've noticed) over a period of time.
Gladly, on the usage, the times I've been on the highway I haven't seen that much of a decline in kWh, but I'm sure there must be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the car is exactly the same as 2021 XC40, so software changes?

found the data comparing them interesting and the consumption figures they give for my 2022 model seems right though I have 20" wheels

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
126 Posts
found the data comparing them interesting and the consumption figures they give for my 2022 model seems right though I have 20" wheels
I don't get it. The article shows the 2022 Recharge MPGe at 39 kWh/100 miles with range of 223 miles. That would compute for a 87 kWh battery (223/100*39). It's a 78 kWh battery (75 kWh usable). What am I missing or getting wrong? (Similar computation for the 2021 model)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I assume the test loop generates some regen to explain the extra power.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts