Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just checked the specs on the XC 90 and it has the same size engine (2 liter) as the XC 40, has the same power and torque, except for the XC 90 Excellence, which has a supercharger. It has 400 hp and 472 ft lbs of tq. So my question is, how difficult would it be to add that supercharger to the XC 40, which would make it a pocket rocket!! I wonder if anyone has considered this possibility.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked with the dealer and was told that the 2.0 engine is the same in both the XC 90 and XC 40, just tuned a bit differently in the XC 90. So the only problem would be if there is enough space in the engine compartment of the XC 40 for the supercharger, any required changes in the engine management programs and if the XC 40 transmission would be strong enough to handle the additional power(or if the XC 90 transmission is different if it would fit). Yes, I know that it would void the warranty, but I can only imagine what fun it would provide to embarrass some of these smart alec's in their rice burners who want to play Ricky Racer from light to light.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David, you may be right, but what you said conflicts with what I was told by the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts