Volvo XC40 Forum banner

engine temperature gauge

14K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  slometaldoc 
#1 ·
hi there . .
does anyone know how to check the engine temperature to avoid overheating. I know its not a problem now but I used to be able to tell than in my Merceds. I do not see a gauge or the option and I checked the manual in the car and it only says that if the car over heats than there is an alert but is there a way that anyone knows about having it readily viewable ?

thank you

#3 ·
These data actually is constantly put out through the OBD 2 port located on the bottom left of the driver side panel. I purchased an overhead display which displays speed, RPM, Voltage and engine temp. You can get them on Amazon just search for overhead display car.

#4 ·
thats pretty cool .. I learned something new .. I still wish Volvo would provide a software update and include it in the car status screen. it would be nice to know about the car. ford one their all wheel drives provide the percentage being shifted between the rear wheel and front wheel system and I love that feature ...

#6 ·
This is another example of a really poorly written owner's manual. Why don't they just tell us "There is no temperature guage"? I searched and searched through the manual, wasted time and got very frustrated. Finally contacted Volvo to learn the above. Even my 1987 Corvette has about a dozen readouts on car systems that the driver can access with the flips of a few switches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.