Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a cross reference for a STP, Fram, or similar air filter(s) for the T5 engine? I have run into no luck trying to track some down. I know my Volvo Dealer would be happy to sell/install them for me - at an astronomical upcharge - when each is a simple 5 minute job. The engine filter has 'Volvo' made in Poland on it while the cabin filter is un-marked. The engine filter is a simple cotton or paper filter while the cabin filter is some sort of charcoal active/paper style.

I did see some on-line, but they wanted more to ship the two filters than the filters cost combined. And it can't shipping based on weight as combined they are less than a pound.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know a cross reference for a STP, Fram, or similar air filter(s) for the T5 engine? I have run into no luck trying to track some down. I know my Volvo Dealer would be happy to sell/install them for me - at an astronomical upcharge - when each is a simple 5 minute job. The engine filter has 'Volvo' made in Poland on it while the cabin filter is un-marked. The engine filter is a simple cotton or paper filter while the cabin filter is some sort of charcoal active/paper style.

I did see some on-line, but they wanted more to ship the two filters than the filters cost combined. And it can't shipping based on weight as combined they are less than a pound.

Thank you in advance.
AutoZone has the filters
STP Cabin Air Filter CAF15042C
  • Part #CAF15042C
  • SKU #1080139
STP Air Filter SA50074
  • Part #SA50074
  • SKU #1080137

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AutoZone has the filters
  • Part #CAF15042C
  • SKU #1080139
STP Air Filter SA50074
  • Part #SA50074
  • SKU #1080137
AutoZone has the filters
  • Part #CAF15042C
  • SKU #1080139
STP Air Filter SA50074
  • Part #SA50074
  • SKU #1080137
I was having a heck of a time. Either the shop didn't carry the correct filter, or their reference book was beat-up and out dated going only to 2016, etc. I couldn't get WIFI and my computer/browser was just leading me on circular paths of no-answers. I thought it would be a 10 minute trip to the local auto parts store. I did order the engine filter on Amazon. I could not find the cabin filter on Amazon....although I FINALLY did, but after ordering the engine filter - jeez, what a run around. I will check the cabin filter at Auto-Zone. Thanks for your help/info. BTW, my Volvo dealer (who is 25 miles away) wanted between $125-$135 for filter and labor(!!!!!).

·
Registered
2020 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar Optimization
28 Posts
Rockauto.com stocks all those filters from various manufacturers and likely from the same OEM Volvo uses (MANN). They stock numerous parts for all Volvo models, often drop-shipped from their own suppliers at always very affordable prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts