Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, this is now the second time this has happened. Backing out of the garage, after WELL CLEAR of the garage (nose was still in, rest was outside), the car decided to randomly engage emergency rear braking with absolutely no obstacles behind us. Again, there was NOTHING BEHIND US but asphalt and grass. The emergency rear braking is extremely violent, it locks the wheels and stops all movement instantly. My wife called me virtually in tears about this, her head and neck were hurting after the sudden whiplash. I can’t figure out what might be triggering it, and it’s rare enough I’m sure the dealer will just shruggy shoulders it. For now, I’ve put a sticky note in the car pointing to the button my wife needs to push after putting the car in reverse to disengage the rear emergency braking. Unfortunately the rear braking must be disengaged before EACH drive, wish I could just disable it. Meanwhile, she’s headed to bed early tonight with a good headache and a growing distrust in her new car, which she otherwise loves.
Sorry about your case. My car is 2022 C40 has a same problem I have a steep driveway and the see the street as an obstacle. The design of the rear camera is too low to the ground compare with Tesla.
DSVN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like there's a few threads with this same problem ongoing:
I posted here Rear Automatic Braking (the erroneous triggering of the rear auto brake issue caused my car to lose control momentarily when parallel parking and it led to the car mounting the kerb scraping up a wheel on the kerb. This issue has gotten noticeably worse for me since installing software 2.2. It's triggered three times this week and I've had enough of it!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts