Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the appropriate place to store the small manual key that is to be used when the batteries die in key fob? I don’t think it would be accessible in the car nor would it be accessible at home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The emergency key is stowed in the key fob. I believe the key you are referring to is used to lock the glove box. It has a stowage spot in the gb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When the battery in the keyfob dies you can always use the app to unlock the door. But if the fob is dead, you probably can't start the car unless you use the backup fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When the battery in the keyfob dies you can always use the app to unlock the door. But if the fob is dead, you probably can't start the car unless you use the backup fob.
I was wondering about this and found this fabulous You Tube video about how to use the metal key to enter the car and how to place the fob in the location for the car to recognize it and to be able to start the car with the dead battery fob. This video shows a different model than the XC40, but it's the same information. Our fob location is inside the arm rest, behind the trash can (there is an image of a key there, which is difficult to see, but if you remove the trash can it's easier to see). I'm sure this information is in the owners manual, but I found it much easier to watch how its done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts