Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first-time EV owner, I've noted stories on occasion of accidents and emergency services being reluctant or unable to manage the EV battery situation.

Has anyone found any info about the XC40 for emergency services? I'm mostly just curious and partly wanting to have that info "just in case".

You know, Murphy's Law and all that, if I'm prepared, I'll never need it. :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I was talking to a fireman about Evs the other day. They got basic info when they first came out but nothing since then. I suggested they contact Volvo. I know Volvo works with Swedish firefighters to train them so I am betting they have training info for others.

For us … I would say just get clear and let the experts work. Even if they are doing it wrong and we knew how to do it right the chances are slim you could get them to change what they are doing during an emergency.

From what I read the big difference is the way lithium batteries burn making them a lot harder to put out. On the flip side the lack of gasoline should make it less likely they catch fire so ….

Of course you could contact Volvo and see if they will share with you. If they do please share with us and your local fire department :)

Reactions: Jezza

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a first-time EV owner, I've noted stories on occasion of accidents and emergency services being reluctant or unable to manage the EV battery situation.

Has anyone found any info about the XC40 for emergency services? I'm mostly just curious and partly wanting to have that info "just in case".

You know, Murphy's Law and all that, if I'm prepared, I'll never need it. :)
From Volvo:

MY2021-XC40RechargeFullElectric.pdf (volvotechinfo.com)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts