Volvo XC40 Forum banner

How is your XC40 EV doing?

• TCAM dead/replaced

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Significant intermittent radio related issues (e.g. LTE disconnects)

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Minor intermittent radio related issues (e.g. LTE disconnects)

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No issues

Votes: 15 27.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is now sitting dead at the dealer waiting for a replacement TCAM. Going through the forum, noticing a lot of LTE and TCAM related issues. Bored and missing my car, so I thought I'd kick out a poll to see how widespread the issue is...

Reactions: Albator

· Registered
876 Posts
Mine is heading to the dealer tomorrow. I lost GPS signal although I still have internet and the SOS button needs service.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
569 Posts
After the software update (1.8) my LTE is present. Sometimes I will lost the signal for 2-3 minutes and it will come back.
There is something I noticed yesterday - during the heavy rain I will lost LTE and GPS. They came back shortly after the rain intensity decrease. Talking about heavy torrential rain. We had that yesterday. Came back home and took my plumbing camera and checked for any leaks top of the ceiling liner under the TCAM. All dry. My antenna cover gasket is fine. I know heavy rain will damp the signal.
Anyone loosing LTE or GPS in heavy rain?

· Registered
549 Posts
Voted for "MINOR" issues here -- but a quick data point:

1- we had our AC charger die (search my thread on such) and while it was being replaced we had the TCAM "leak" TSB performed

2- during that visit, we also ended up getting 1.8.1 installed at the dealer

3- since then, we've had 99.9% stability in our TCAM (LTE/GPS) performance

Not sure if these are related or just dumb luck. But we just completed an 1800+ mile journey over 6 days from Ohio to Georgia and the up-time on the TCAM was again 99.9% working --- the app was still flaky at times but that seemed more connected to the Volvo server issues than the car itself. In-car driving the TCAM/GPS/LTE were great!

PS: Prior to the v1.8.1 upgrade (and TCAM TSB + AC charger replacement) -- we had the typical LTE drop issues that plague most people. I'd have voted the "significant" section -- so not sure what "fixed" our issue (SW, TSB, etc) but knock on wood we've been going strong for ~1.5 weeks!

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
Voted for "MINOR" issues here -- but a quick data point:

1- we had our AC charger die (search my thread on such) and while it was being replaced we had the TCAM "leak" TSB performed

2- during that visit, we also ended up getting 1.8.1 installed at the dealer

3- since then, we've had 99.9% stability in our TCAM (LTE/GPS) performance

Not sure if these are related or just dumb luck. But we just completed an 1800+ mile journey over 6 days from Ohio to Georgia and the up-time on the TCAM was again 99.9% working --- the app was still flaky at times but that seemed more connected to the Volvo server issues than the car itself. In-car driving the TCAM/GPS/LTE were great!

PS: Prior to the v1.8.1 upgrade (and TCAM TSB + AC charger replacement) -- we had the typical LTE drop issues that plague most people. I'd have voted the "significant" section -- so not sure what "fixed" our issue (SW, TSB, etc) but knock on wood we've been going strong for ~1.5 weeks!
Well there is hope then! We’re booked in for the 18th of Jan for shark fin antenna leak, intermittent LTE issues, driver’s seat heater inoperative and software update (we’re still on pre-V1.7). Fingers crossed everything gets fixed! :)

· Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
163 Posts
My car stayed in an airport underground parking for a week. I had hopes that, since it worked for others, TCAM unit would miraculously come back to life. Picked up the car, drove 70km. Nope. Nada.

· Registered
14 Posts
I have had 2 occasions where the LTE/GPS were unavailable for about 3 days. Each time, just as I was about to take some action, it fixed itself sometime overnight. The first time was with 1.6, more recently with 1.8. I haven't been offered 18.1.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
My 21 had frequent LTE issues. Our 22 XC40 and C40 have had it intermittently. Almost always after being locked for some time and something will come back online after a few minutes otherwise rebooting has helped.

· Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
297 Posts
Yes, or it may start working again on its own after 1-7 days.
On day 4 now, so maybe it will start working soon. Starting to feel the frustration of others. Up until v.1.10, my P8 has been near perfect. Love the hardware, not so much the software. But I bought the car for the hardware, so I can't complain much. Still a thrill to drive.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
On day 4 now, so maybe it will start working soon. Starting to feel the frustration of others. Up until v.1.10, my P8 has been near perfect. Love the hardware, not so much the software. But I bought the car for the hardware, so I can't complain much. Still a thrill to drive.
Oh good I hit install in a moment of haliyboptimism this morning … and Margo has been perfect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.