Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello fellow Canadians. Somebody with experience using their network? Can you please share.
Electrify Canada Link
I have the app but haven't to date used them. I live in the Okanagan and they only have one station. Driving to Vancouver I have used Petro-Canada or BC Hydro stations. If you have Petro card and RBC visa you get free charging till April 20, 2022. Most of my charging is at home.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the app but haven't to date used them. I live in the Okanagan and they only have one station. Driving to Vancouver I have used Petro-Canada or BC Hydro stations. If you have Petro card and RBC visa you get free charging till April 20, 2022. Most of my charging is at home.
No RBC Visa or Petro card. Thank you for sharing. Did not know about Petro Canada free charging option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No RBC Visa or Petro card. Thank you for sharing. Did not know about Petro Canada free charging option.
Yes it's simple and easy. Connect the 2 cards online through RBC online and use that card when charging at Petro-Can and a few days later you get a credit. Every time I go into Kelowna I charge up for free. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interesting, it looks like Electrify Canada and Electrify America are two sides of the same coin. In both the USA and Canada you can pay $4 per month to get a ~25% discounted rate on charging.

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge Twin
31 Posts
So if you're in BC, BC Hydro's fast charger rates are:

• 12 cents per minute for 25 kW charging ($7.56 per hour, including GST)
  • 21 cents per minute for 50 kW charging ($13.23 per hour, including GST)
  • 27 cents per minute for 100 kW charging ($17.01 per hour, including GST)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts