Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2023 C40 - Thunder Grey
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get a electrical buzzing sound when interior lights are on?

The sound seems to come from the actual front speakers, during the day, since the lights are off, there is no sound. But at night it just doesnt stop unless I turne interior lights off in the settings.

It's no dealbreaker but it sure takes away from the supposed to be completly silent EV experience, it gets annoyng.

Is there any way to solve this? If I can't fix it I'll take it to the delaership to see what they'll be able to do.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
29 Posts
I (and a few others I believe) have the opposite. A sort of idle buzz (I think when the topography lighting is on), which disappears if you turn the interior lights on.

It's really annoying me, especially now that the days are getting shorter, as it's more noticable again with it being darker.

There was a thread somewhere where somebody tracked it down to a specific area, but I don't think it can be fixed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here, brand new XC40 with topography decor. Noise disappears when interior lights switched off. Does not produce noise unless the car is “started” (opening the doors dors not activate the noise although the inlays light is on).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I remember the referenced thread and am pretty sure it had to do with the dimmed light setting overhead. Somehow that was creating an electrical buzz that may have then been amplified through the speakers. When the overhead light goes off (daylight) or if you turn them all the way on the buzzing goes away. But unfortunately I’m not sure there is a setting that allows us to turn off the dimmed setting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I remember the referenced thread and am pretty sure it had to do with the dimmed light setting overhead. Somehow that was creating an electrical buzz that may have then been amplified through the speakers. When the overhead light goes off (daylight) or if you turn them all the way on the buzzing goes away. But unfortunately I’m not sure there is a setting that allows us to turn off the dimmed setting.
The buzz also goes away instantly if I turn off the topography back lighting. It doesn't sound to me like it's coming from the speakers at all though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts