Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 2021 xc40 and can’t believe how much gas I use, so I switched from comfort mode to eco mode and my mpg still reads 14.8 mpg....am I doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I just purchased my 2021 xc40 and can’t believe how much gas I use, so I switched from comfort mode to eco mode and my mpg still reads 14.8 mpg....am I doing something wrong?
Reset your trip computer by pressing and holding the button at the end of your turn signal stalk. Your car was probably idling for a long time before you bought it, so the average is likely skewed. The Eco mode does make a difference, by the way, although the efficiency comes at the cost of slightly diminished throttle response and AC performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2018 XC40 -- is there any way to make Eco mode the default when you first start driving? Also, has anyone noticed that the Auto Start/Stop doesn't "Stop" anymore. I had a loaner of a new V60 during a routine tire rotation and it was working at every red light. My auto Start/Stop doesn't seem to work anymore. It is turned on as a feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 2018 XC40 -- is there any way to make Eco mode the default when you first start driving? Also, has anyone noticed that the Auto Start/Stop doesn't "Stop" anymore. I had a loaner of a new V60 during a routine tire rotation and it was working at every red light. My auto Start/Stop doesn't seem to work anymore. It is turned on as a feature.
XC40 will always start up in Comfort mode. There is no way to change this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts