Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to setup my profile to start on Eco mode. I selected the options from the settings menu, but every time I start the car, it goes directly to Comfort. I am sure to save the profile before I leave the settings menu. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

Gus

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
21 Posts
I believe it always reverts to Comfort once the engine is turned off. You can't permanently set a different driving mode. Similar to cruise control. It needs to be re-set each time you hop in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Romer, thanks for your answer.

I am confused then with the option on the preferences that for individual drive mode. What are these preferences for?

I copied below the description from the manual and a screen shot of the settings.

Individual
• Customizes drive mode to personal prefer- ences.

Select one of the drive modes as a basis and adjust the settings to achieve your preferred driving characteristics. These settings will be stored in the active driver profile and will be available every time the vehicle is unlocked with that remote key.

Individual drive mode is only available if it has been activated in the center display.
Individual
• Customizes drive mode to personal prefer- ences.
Select one of the drive modes as a basis and adjust the settings to achieve your preferred driving characteristics. These settings will be stored in the active driver profile and will be available every time the vehicle is unlocked with that remote key.
Individual drive mode is only available if it has been activated in the center display.

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
21 Posts
Good question. I didn't check for it now but thought I saw in the manual where it always reverts. But...that could just be if you set it manually from the dashboard. What you display here suggests you can do it. I'd call Volvo on Call. They're terrific and will figure it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed the same thing today. Also after setting a custom mode it does not show a custom mode on the mode select menu. I've order a hard copy of the 250= page owners manual to help me navigate around all the Swedish. I had a complete owners manual for my S60 and found it to to very helpful.... but expensive. About $60.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts