·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beige Comfort Tints and shades Auto part Personal luxury car

Window Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Chair

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Grille Automotive design

Beige Vehicle Tints and shades Comfort Personal luxury car

My 2019 XC40 is just a little over 4 years old and while I’ve taken very good care of my car, the drivers seat is starting to show some wear. Every other seat looks brand new but obviously mine is used every day. My concern is that eventually the leather may actually start cracking - right now it hasn’t quite torn apart yet but I feel one day soon it could happen. I’ve only ever used the Volvo leather wipes for cleaning so maybe that wasn’t good enough to keep the seat looking new.
My other Volvo’s seemed to have stronger leather seats (I had two XC60’s prior to the 40) and I don’t recall this happening.
I’m adding some pictures and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to keep my seat from getting any worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have a 2019 XC40 with the same driver's seat issue. My seats are the same color. I clean and condition them and, being home most of the pandemic, the seats should not look like they do. I tried Mequire's instead of the Volvo wipes. Perhaps there are other suggestions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a 2019 XC40 with the same driver's seat issue. My seats are the same color. I clean and condition them and, being home most of the pandemic, the seats should not look like they do. I tried Mequire's instead of the Volvo wipes. Perhaps there are other suggestions.
I expect a little wear and tear but I guess the leather quality in the XC40 isn’t as good as other models. Looks like I’m not the only one experiencing this - thank you for responding. I’ll try Mequire’s as I also saw your other response to and older thread I started. I’m hoping that the cracks don’t get deeper but I think they will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts