Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my XC40 into the dealer twice to try and pinpoint a noise that I thought was coming from the steering column area but is most definitely coming from the driver seat. It occurs on dips and some bumps, at low and higher speeds. It's definitely getting worse with time. I took it in about a month ago and did a drive with the shop foreman and it wouldn't do it - however, it's of course been happening ever since. I can now make the squeak/clicking noise simply by moving around in the driver's seat.

I'm going to have them look at it again next time I take it in. It's really ruining the vehicle for me, which is sad because I love everything else about it.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
25 Posts
I've had my XC40 into the dealer twice to try and pinpoint a noise that I thought was coming from the steering column area but is most definitely coming from the driver seat. It occurs on dips and some bumps, at low and higher speeds. It's definitely getting worse with time. I took it in about a month ago and did a drive with the shop foreman and it wouldn't do it - however, it's of course been happening ever since. I can now make the squeak/clicking noise simply by moving around in the driver's seat.

I'm going to have them look at it again next time I take it in. It's really ruining the vehicle for me, which is sad because I love everything else about it.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
Do an audio video of it to show them. Next time they take it for a ride, you drive and let them listen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year is your XC40? I have the 2019 Momentum (one of the first off the line that made it to North America) and have had problems with the driver's lower seat throughout the life of the car. In addition to making a noise, the seat pops or snaps on occasion when I hit a bump or shift my weight a certain way. It feels sort of like when you sit on a hard plastic chair that has a crack and occasionally that crack pops in or out of place. Anyhow, I complained about it incessantly and eventually the dealer (supossedly) replaced the entire lower half of my seat. Shocker of all shockers, the issue has persisted. The dealer claims it is an issue of some sort with the clips that were designed to keep the leather from being pulled/teared. It seems to me like a problem that Volvo should be able to figure out, but I guess not. I've kind of given up now and am just counting down the days until my lease is done and I can bid adieu to the Volvo brand forever.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
29 Posts
Sounds like a plastic clip possibly popping in and out of place or something not installed correctly and rubbing together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts