Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Drive Modes

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Red Lynton 
#1 ·
Using the lower button on the steering wheel the driver is supposed to be able to cycle through 3 different Drive Modes. One of those modes is called "Car Centric" & it shows a car in the centre of the dashboard display. Another mode is supposed to be "Navigation" which should show a map in the centre of the dashboard display - the issue is, our car shows just dark space in the centre in "Navigation" mode- no map. I like how each mode changes the dashboard dials a bit, but I would like the navigation mode to show the map. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted for my "Navigation" mode to work correctly - - or is my display misbehaving ??

#3 ·
[QUOTE="Skins88, post: 14344, member: 3744"I ]
Using the lower button on the steering wheel the driver is supposed to be able to cycle through 3 different Drive Modes. One of those modes is called "Car Centric" & it shows a car in the centre of the dashboard display. Another mode is supposed to be "Navigation" which should show a map in the centre of the dashboard display - the issue is, our car shows just dark space in the centre in "Navigation" mode- no map. I like how each mode changes the dashboard dials a bit, but I would like the navigation mode to show the map. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted for my "Navigation" mode to work correctly - - or is my display misbehaving ??
[/QUOTE]
I had the issue too - with the key I used - took my wife's key and the system loaded her profile - I put the car in drive and then in park - the map showed up with her key - then I put her key away and used my key again - my profile loaded and then the map showed up. Also as Goatsweater stated another person had the same issue and it was corrected when they had the dealer install the April software update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.